Why become a member? ×

Keep or trade? (Warwick)

bass445

Hey all,

Just wanted opinions on weather i should trade or keep my currents bass.

I have a Warwick streamer standard 4 string 2001, and it produces one of the best sounds I have heard so far, used with my Roland cube 30watt. I don't know if I should trade for a bass the same value, Just to explore if there's a different bass to suit my style. I tend to play mostly rock, but I also enjoy funk, and I know warwicks tend to be used with funk.

If I was to trade, I would tend to look into a vintage Fender Jazz, as I had a go on one the other day, and I fell in love with it.

All opinions are appreciated :)

[quote name='bass445' post='1221254' date='May 5 2011, 04:53 PM']Hey all,

Just wanted opinions on weather i should trade or keep my currents bass.

I have a Warwick streamer standard 4 string 2001, and it produces one of the best sounds I have heard so far, used with my Roland cube 30watt. I don't know if I should trade for a bass the same value, Just to explore if there's a different bass to suit my style. I tend to play mostly rock, but I also enjoy funk, and I know warwicks tend to be used with funk.

If I was to trade, I would tend to look into a vintage Fender Jazz, as I had a go on one the other day, and I fell in love with it.

All opinions are appreciated :)[/quote]

Keep Keep Keep

If its a Streamer STD is will be the entry model into the range and with the current market you'd be lucky to get £200 - £250 for it. It is a much nicer instrument than the value suggests and if you trade it off cheap you may regret it in the long run. My advice is at least wait till the market picks up again for them or even better keep it and enjoy it!

I didnt, just guess work based on the current values. I have a Corvette Standard which probably would fetch about £300 in the current market so I just worked back. Personally i love my Corevette and wont part with it for anything but I did I'd certainly be holding off until the values boosted again (as they will, these things are like swings and roundabouts). :)

[quote name='bass445' post='1221254' date='May 5 2011, 04:53 PM']... it produces one of the best sounds I have heard so far ....[/quote]

Why would you want to get rid of a bass that produces a sound you like so much? :)

Keep it, and start saving towards your vintage jazz. :)

[quote name='charic' post='1223291' date='May 7 2011, 03:13 PM']Keep the 'wicks, you'll wsant them back as soon as the 2nd hand market lifts for them again and they become more desirable :)[/quote]

You're right of course. But my problem is that I want a Fender P, and have a strict one in one out policy. I have another Warwick which is never going anywhere so... there's my problem :)

A tactic for rejuvenating affection for an old instrument is not to play it for at least a few days if not weeks. Then when you come back to it feels fresh again, especially if you've been playing something else in it's place.