Why become a member? ×

Epiphone '1958 Korina' Flying V Bass , with fitted case.

nick

[color="#FF0000"][b]*SOLD*[/b][/color]

90's Epiphone '1958 Korina' Flying V Bass

In pretty good condition - no real dinks, other than a small chip in the upper horn (which is not highly noticeable).
30.5" scale, set neck. No fret wear, electrics working OK.
Plays great with quite a punchy tone. Strung with relatively new 50-110 nickel d'Addarios - no floppy E string! :)
Comes with a tough & sturdy fitted case.

[url="http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/55646"][color="#0000FF"]Harmony Central Review : Epiphone Flying V Bass[/color][/url]
[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_guitars/epiphone/1958_flying_v_bass/index.html"][color="#0000FF"]Ultimate Guitar Reviews: Epiphone Flying V Bass[/color][/url]
[url="http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=1533&type=bass"][color="#0000FF"]BGRA Review: Epiphone Flying V Bass[/color][/url]

£165 ono
Couriered (tracked & insured) in UK: £20. Local collection is also fine.

Any questions or further info, please PM me.

Thanks

Edited by nick

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1219146' date='May 3 2011, 08:38 PM']Bargain - that's about half the cost new

One of the few epiphones I haven't played - by the way the pickups are positioned, it looks like it would sound a bit like an explorer without being unweildy like a explorer[/quote]

I haven't seen any new ones around for a while. All the shops with Flying V basses that I've seen on the web, show either out of stock or discontinued(?) :)

It does have a surprisingly big sound, for such a small body.

Have a bump on me.

Brought one of these, on here, from Pete Young....back in December.

It was meant to be for the kids to use but it's a really fun bass and I've ended up using it more! :-)

Very versatile sound and with the brass nut you can get some surprisingly bright tones from it (not normally a Gibson/Epiphone strongpoint in my experience).

[quote name='nick' post='1219157' date='May 3 2011, 08:45 PM']I haven't seen any new ones around for a while. All the shops with Flying V basses that I've seen on the web, show either out of stock or discontinued(?) :)

It does have a surprisingly big sound, for such a small body.[/quote]

They were a limited run i believe?

Looks great fun, however swmbo would kill me or worse. The case design is spot on, one of the best I have seen, the internal bracing would work really well in a car (or worse) crushing incident - and I have seen these. Why are 'ordinary' bass cases not structured this way?

Nice,
If this one is still for sale when i get my tax return (at the end of this month) i'll take it! :)

This looks like a nice little bass to take on the road to places where i don't want to take my precious Modulus Flea.

do you have an idea of shipping costs to mainland EU?

regards,
Don.

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1220246' date='May 4 2011, 08:34 PM']Nice,
If this one is still for sale when i get my tax return (at the end of this month) i'll take it! :)

This looks like a nice little bass to take on the road to places where i don't want to take my precious Modulus Flea.

do you have an idea of shipping costs to mainland EU?

regards,
Don.[/quote]

Hi Don,
Shipping to Belgium (tracked & insured) would be about £35
Thanks
Nick

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1220195' date='May 4 2011, 07:51 PM']They were a limited run i believe?[/quote]

Apparently so....
Guess that makes them rare?! :)

[quote name='Axebassmurderer' post='1222050' date='May 6 2011, 10:58 AM']Where would I collect from?[/quote]
I'm Bristol based.

[quote name='gemdids' post='1222145' date='May 6 2011, 12:41 PM']Lovely bass, and am sorely tempted. Can you tell me how it sits, is it head heavy?

Payday next Friday........ :)[/quote]

It balances surprisingly well, with no noticeable neckdive to me (I wear it about waist height). No doubt, thankfully due to it being shorter scale.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for bombing this topic with this off-topic.

I have the same Bass, as ltd version (gold knobs) and can only say it's a very good Bass.

After research in near Stores and Emailing Online stores I couldn't find a appropiate Case (in long term use could not be good for the neck).

Could you please tell me which Case you are using? Or if you D.I.Y How you did that.

Once again, sorry for the off-topic.

Greetings