Why become a member? ×

For Sale: 1981 Ibanez Blazer - SOLD

umcoo

Hi all,

Moving back to the sweet sound of Jazz Basses soon, so this is up for sale. It's an Ibanez Blazer from April 1981, and I got it off this very forum last year. Condition is pretty good, beat up in a few places from 30 years of playing, but nothing too drastic.

Those in the know, know that the Ibanez basses from this period are of great quality and this thing is *cliche alert on* a Precision killer. Main points of damage are a dent close to the bridge, a dent on the lower horn and some buckle rash near the neck plate. I've tried to capture these in the pics, but they obviously don't affect playing or the structure of the bass.

The pickup sounds amazing...powerful, grindy, but full-bodied and oozing with bass and mids. I got this as a bass I could gig with and not worry too much about it being knocked about. It has performed perfectly and never let me down, but it hasn't been abused.

Price wise, I'm looking for £230 shipped within the UK, or you can pick up from Lancaster for 220, which is what I paid for it 12 months ago. Currently strung up with some old GHS Boomers which may need replacing, but I like my rounds worn in.

I'm putting this up now, but it might be the end of next week or early week after before I can get it shipped, due to working.

Thanks for looking - any questions, just ask.

I took a shedload of pictures, so here they are.

Edited by umcoo

This is my old bass....
The term 'Precision killer' is overused, but a lot of Fender owners would probably relegate their P-Basses after playing this.
Tempted to snatch it back myself, but current financial circumstances are not permitting - I miss this Blazer! :)
Whoever buys it, wont be disappointed.

I'd end up buying this
If I didn't have the same
they're A1 basses
not boring, not plain.

They BUMP and grind
They'll do the job right
You'll gig with pleasure
almost every night

[size=4]Someone buy it!![/size]