Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Takamine TB10 acoustic fretless - "Small upright-bass"

kim1969

Beautiful acoustic sound! I own this bass since almost one year, but I don't use it.

Really nice, warm, almost upright-sounding sound.

It's still new. Case is included.
+ the LaBella's Black Nylon Tape Wound, 760N-EXL, I put on it.

Dots are placed (professional) on the side of the neck.

Price: 1500 euro (ex. shipping costs)
Photos: [url="http://www.littlewing.nl/_temp/takamine/"]http://www.littlewing.nl/_temp/takamine/[/url]

Edited by kim1969

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1216499' date='May 1 2011, 11:43 AM']The first dot looks too close to the nut to be at the first 'fret'. Are the dots placed on or between the 'frets'?[/quote]

They are placed [i]between [/i]the frets (I chose for that position, because personally I prefer them there)

[quote name='kim1969' post='1216501' date='May 1 2011, 12:47 PM']They are placed [i]between [/i]the frets (I chose for that position, because personally I prefer them there)[/quote]
Ok, thanks. I would have been interested but I'd be uncomfortable with that arrangement.

[quote name='Eight' post='1216530' date='May 1 2011, 01:35 PM']Don't have the money to buy it, so feel free not to answer. :) But what is it? Never seen a bass like this before - do you play it upright or like a guitar?[/quote]
Here's one being played:

It also has an end-pin if you want to play it upright.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1216506' date='May 1 2011, 12:03 PM']Ok, thanks. I would have been interested but I'd be uncomfortable with that arrangement.[/quote]

I really think it's easy to remove or move them. 'My' local luthier did put them on without any problems. If you're really interested I can ask hem to remove them if you like.
Please let me know.

Kim

Edited by kim1969

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='1216537' date='May 1 2011, 12:43 PM']I've been looking for one of these but the side markers on this one are wrong for me

good luck with the sale[/quote]

I could easily let them remove if you want. If you really like to buy one of these, I can assure you this one is brand new for a much lower price.
I bought it because when I played it in a shop I fell in love with it's sound. After playing it once during a band-rehearsel my shoulder couldn't handle it (I have a chronic shoulder-injury and I'm a woman, so not very big). It's too big for me :-(
It's really a great bass!
Please let me know if you're interested,
Kim

Edited by kim1969

[quote name='kim1969' post='1216586' date='May 1 2011, 02:57 PM']I really think it's easy to remove or move them. 'My' local luthier did put them on without any problems. If you're really interested I can ask hem to remove them if you like.
Please let me know.

Kim[/quote]
How were they done? Was it drilled and then filled or are they merely stuck on the surface?

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1216669' date='May 1 2011, 03:41 PM']How were they done? Was it drilled and then filled or are they merely stuck on the surface?[/quote]

Just made a phonecall, but couldn't reach him. I'll get back to you as soon as I know.

My 71 P/J was converted many moons ago to fretless and the between-fret standard Fender dots were filled in neatly and new on-the-fret dots added. Looks neat and works well for me. Can't imagine its a costly exercise