Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4001v63 :) *sold

squire

Hi,

These don't come by to often. Up for sale my beautiful Rickenbacker 4001v63. Introduced in 1984, the Model 4001V63 is a faithful reissue of the early 1960's Model 4001S. The truss.rod system is redesigned to allow roundwound strings. Rickenbacker stopped producing the v63 in 2002. This v63 is from 1997.

I've had multiple Rics in my life. This one really has the truest Ric sound I've experienced. Probably due to the Horseshoe and Toaster pickups.

Unfortunately I haven't got a feedback profile here. I've sold basses through Ebay before.
[url="http://feedback.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mgaharleysportster"]http://feedback.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...harleysportster[/url]

More pictures to follow soon. :)
Sound clips on request.

[url="http://www.pickofthericks.com/product_images/d/855/vintage_case__54874_zoom.jpg"]Original hardshell[/url] case included.

I'd like £1650 for it.

I'm based in Holland near the Hague.
Fully insured shipping with track and trace. Will be carefully packed.

Send me a PM if you're interested :)

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by squire

[quote name='speewah' post='1229707' date='May 13 2011, 11:05 AM']It's not the colour I was after but I am looking to buy a V63 and wondered if you could send me more images and if you do have a soundclip or youtube clip of the bass that would be great. Thanks S [email protected][/quote]
I'll record some soundclips.
Here are some new pictures. Taken with a crappy cam with too much sunlight. :)

I may borrow my dad's camera to make some better pictures.

[quote name='squire' post='1232450' date='May 15 2011, 09:05 PM']Yeah, really nice flamed.
No, it's not very slim i'm afraid. (compared to my ric 4001 '78 and jazz bass). I could measure the neck width and contour if anyone is interested.[/quote]

Thanks for the honest info. It's a beauty and it's a good price. My '78 4000 has a slim neck too, must have been a good year. :)

[quote name='bumnote' post='1232470' date='May 15 2011, 09:33 PM']Thats gorgeous

Whats the difference between a V63 and a V64?[/quote]

The C64 is reputedly a more accurate reproduction of the Rose Morris 1999 import model than the V63. There are cosmetic differences with the pick guard shape etc., plus it has a long style sixties headstock which is reversed in reference to Macca's bass. They also had period correct pick-ups and electrics with the low end cap.

C64

I dont really understand why I am lusting after this, Ive had two ricks in the past, but couldnt get on with them. However, in this colour,I think this is got to be one of the most attractive basses around.

If you've had a standard Rick 4001 or 4003 with binding and high-gains, these sound a little different.

Lovely bass BTW. Oh, and I believe the necks got bigger around '97, although fellow Rick Resourcers would no doubt correct me. I had a '96 CS with a very thin neck and a '98 V63 with a very chunky neck.

Edited by 4000

[quote name='bumnote' post='1232564' date='May 15 2011, 11:01 PM']I dont really understand why I am lusting after this, Ive had two ricks in the past, but couldnt get on with them. However, in this colour,I think this is got to be one of the most attractive basses around.[/quote]

My predicament entirely.