Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz Relic - SOLD Pending

Macko1968

Sold Pending the usual.

Without going in to the grim details I am going to have to take an extended hiatus from music so my little collection is up for sale.

This is a splendid Fender CS Relic Jazz bass in one of the best sunbursts I've seen, a real "bullseye" 'burst with plenty of red. I'll not bore you with all the standard details, you'll all know these are great basses but this one appeals because it is a light relic with just few marks & lots of very subtle checking. As a result it looks a lot more believable than some of the belt sander jobs out there. Bass comes with the Fender tweed case, covers, strap & Custom Shop COA - you have a choice of pickups, the excellent EMGs currently in place or the original Fender CS64 units. I prefer the EMGs but I know they are not everyone's cuppa Darjeeling.

Price is [s]£1500[/s] [s]£1450[/s] [s]£1375[/s] [b]£1300[/b], if you want to try it out I'm just south of Middlesbrough. If you want it shipped I'll pack it but can you arrange a courier to collect please.

[b]Really could do with moving this on as it's sat gathering dust & the money will come in handy - £1200, does that sound like a bargain?[/b]

[attachment=78090:Jazz_001.JPG]
[attachment=78091:Jazz_002.JPG]
[attachment=78092:Jazz_004.JPG]
[attachment=78093:Jazz_005.JPG]
[attachment=78094:Jazz_006.JPG]
[attachment=78154:Jazz2_003.JPG]
[attachment=78155:Jazz2_004.JPG]

Edited by Macko1968

I briefly owned the non-relic'd version of this bass in sunburst (as part of a trade) and sold it to Finnish BC'er Joona (bassotaitellija). I had serious second thoughts about selling it on (and in fact removed it from sale at one point) as it was just the nicest playing and best put-together Jazz I had ever had my hands on. Quality bass bump from me!

[quote name='Clarky' post='1207258' date='Apr 21 2011, 04:51 PM']I briefly owned the non-relic'd version of this bass in sunburst (as part of a trade) and sold it to Finnish BC'er Joona (bassotaitellija). I had serious second thoughts about selling it on (and in fact removed it from sale at one point) as it was just the nicest playing and best put-together Jazz I had ever had my hands on. Quality bass bump from me![/quote]

Blimey Clarky, 1 you haven't owned! :) :)

Have a bump for a very nice bass what I wish I could afford.

Regards,
Jon

EMGs are active pick ups with vol, vol, passive tone. The battery sits in the control cavity, no modifactions or routes needed to gaurd, body or control plate as EMG use mini pots which leaves space for a 9 volt battery.

Bump - now returned to stock with the 64 CS pickups & wiring harness. Could I hell get the tone knob grub screw to tighten up so I've used a dab of adhesive to secure it. If you want a new knob (& who doesn't?) it'll only cost a few quid.

[attachment=79481:Current_Jazz_001.JPG]

Edited by Macko1968