Why become a member? ×

SOLD Laney Nexus 400w of KT88s

Mr. Foxen

Traded for this on here, and it is great, but I'm pretty much wasting all the options by turning them all off, I'm a simple preamp kinda guy, and found myself pretty much using the brutal power section only, which is an endeavor best suited to my Matamp slave. Plus I need to buy a throne for my new place, so this is up for sale:

[quote]Power RMS 400 Watts RMS
Inputs 1x Jack (with 10db Pad switch)
Channels Fet & Tube
Equalisation Bass & Treble shelving controls, Hi & Lo Para Mid, and 6 Band Graphic EQ
Master Presence Control Yes - Active Power Stage Feedback Control
Preamp Valves 3x ECC83, 1x 12BH7
Output Valves 8x KT88
Class Class A/B
Link Jack (Line Level Slave) Yes
Line In Power amp in
Footswitch Yes (Included)
Speaker connections 3x Speakons
FX Loop(s) Send & Return Jacks (post EQ, pre Master Volume)
Impedance 2, 4, and 8 ohms
Cabinet Design Marine Grade plywood cabinet with large grip handles.
Compressor Single Control for threshold & range with auto level adjust (footswitchable)
DI Socket Male XLR (Balanced & Switchable Pre/Post EQ)
Tuner Output Socket 1x Jack (direct from input, still active when amp muted)
Weight 34.g Kg
Dimensions 524 x 218 x 400[/quote]

[url="http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=nexus-tube"]Manufacturer's site.[/url]

Offers in the region of £750 ideally, but if you come get it and wave cash at me, you'll have a good negotiating position. Something not immediately apparent is that this can be rack mounted if you whip it out of the sleeve, but the sleeve is really good, the handles are around the most practical I have come across. I used one of these recording the Caricatures album, they do big sound.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Christophano' post='1207205' date='Apr 21 2011, 04:04 PM']Good god, I bet that thing would wake the dead.

Good luck with your sale man, sorry to spam![/quote]

No prob dude, but please wait a while, like till the ad has dropped off the front page.

It is indeed a beast, experiments show it kicks out more low end than an SVT.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1240281' date='May 22 2011, 01:02 PM']Yeah, free listing this weekend, so stuck it up along with anything else I have about that can go if someone will pay the right price. Have a look at my other items, cheerful to entertain offers via BC for a 10% reduction.[/quote]

Just making sure it was yours!

Looks like we share the same hobbies too mate :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't think it even has a fan. Lots of ventilation though.

Edit: Not feeling energetic enough to drag it out for a proper check, but if it had a fan, the engineer that recorded us would definitely have had a moan about it, and I don't recall him moaning about that.

Not sure if I mentioned, recorded with one (borrowed from Portishead's bassist):

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='voxpop' post='1284092' date='Jun 27 2011, 01:55 PM']Sorry to push the question... I need to know as I don't want an amp that has a fan running all the time as the noise drives me made at low rehearsal volumes.
Thanks.[/quote]

You could go to the Laney website yourself or even email them. They're pretty quick at getting back to you