Why become a member? ×

Crown XS700/Citronic 4U rack

Wil

Edit - [b]ALL NOW SOLD[/b]

I've decided I'll have to split to shift this - sansamp is sold pending the usual. I'm asking £220 for the Crown, or £230 with the rack.

The compressor and Sansamp RBI pictured in the rack are NOT included in the sale, I have a vented 1U blanking panel that I will fit if the rack goes with the poweramp.

Here are the specs for the crown:

[quote]Power Output for Xs700:

* 2-ohm Dual (per ch.): 900W
* 4-ohm Dual (per ch.): 750W
* 8-ohm Dual (per ch.): 450W
* 4-ohm Bridge: 1900W
* 8-ohm Bridge: 1645W

Features:

* Housed in a rugged, all-steel 2U chassis
* Efficient forced-air fan prevents excessive thermal buildup
* 2-channel models have XLR-1/4" combo and Phoenix-style inputs, daisy-chain XLR outputs, touch-proof binding post outputs and Speakon outputs.
* Precision detented level controls, power switch, and eight LEDs which indicate signal and clip for each channel, power, AC mains, bridge mode, temperature and fault conditions
* Microprocessor-controlled protection system

Specifications:

* Sensitivity (volts RMS) for full rated power at 4 ohms: 1.4V
* Frequency Response (at 1 watt) 22 Hz to 22 kHz: ±1 dB
* Phase Response (degrees at 1 watt, 20 Hz to 20 kHz): +5°, –18°
* Signal-to-Noise Ratio: A-weighted, below rated power: > 102 dB; 22Hz to 22kHz, below rated power: > 97 dB
* Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at full bandwidth power, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz: < 0.5%
* Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1): From full rated output to –40 dB: < 1%; From full rated output to –30 dB: < 0.5%
* Damping Factor (8 ohm) 10 Hz to 400 Hz: > 200
* Crosstalk at 1 kHz, 20 kHz (below rated power): > 65 dB, > 45 dB
* Voltage Gain (at maximum level setting): 47.4:1 (33.5 dB)
* AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (±10%): 120VAC/60 Hz and 240VAC/50 Hz.

Indicators:

* Signal: Two or four green LEDs, one for each channel, illuminates when the channel's input signal level is above –40 dBu.
* Clip: Two or four front-panel red LEDs, one for each channel, illuminates when the channel's output signal is being overdriven.
* Power: Yellow front-panel LED indicates amplifier has been turned on and AC power is available.
* AC Mains: Red front-panel LED indicates the presence of AC power at the power cord, even if the amplifier is not turned on.
* Fault: Red front-panel LED illuminates whenamplifier is in protect mode. Also illuminates briefly during normal power-up when amplifier is first switched on.
* Bridge: Yellow LED indicates that amplifier is in bridge mode.
* Temp: Red LED indicates that channel(s) are in thermal protect mode.

Construction:

* Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back.
* Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation.
* Air Volume Requirements (per minute per unit): 80.15 ft³ (2.27 m³).
* Dimensions: EIA Standard 19 inch (48.3 cm) rack mount width (EIA RS-310-, 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) height and 17.14 inch (43.5 cm) depth behind the mounting surface.
* Weight: 28 lb 14 oz (13.1 kg).[/quote]

I originally ran the crown bridged for 1900 watts, but ran into problems at high volumes with the protect circuit kicking in. I've since worked out that it's happiest running at 750watts @ 4ohms, non bridged, which for some reason seems to kick out more volume than when it's in bridged mode - it's been totally reliable running this way for extended periods at high volumes.

Edited by Wil

[quote name='Wil' post='1204706' date='Apr 19 2011, 01:11 PM']I've had some interest depending on postage, but I'd like to keep this thread open for a few days at least to see if anyone is willing to collect. If I've had no local interest by the weekend then I'll be offering to those who have contacted me already by PM first.

I should add, I'm also selling a Sansamp RBI - my current rig consists of the Sansamp racked in a Citronic 4U case, with the Crown power amp. I will sell the lot together for the bargain price of £420, collection only.[/quote]

Are you selling the RBI on it's own? If so how much?

• 3 weeks later...