Why become a member? ×

Buying: 2x10 cab

AinsleyWalker

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1195297' date='Apr 11 2011, 02:09 AM']Budget? What head are you using? What style do you play? :) There's quite a lot of 210s out there. :)[/quote]

Budget.. Maybe under £400/500 really. I don't really play one particular style to be honest. Haha. I just wanted to see if anyone had any particular recommendations.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1195300' date='Apr 11 2011, 02:18 AM']If you're already using a combo, and are just getting an extension cabinet it's usually best to get a matching one. It's not like a set in stone rule or anything though :)[/quote]

Well at the moment I'm borrowing a Marshall 4x10 combo for gigs, but I'm planning on buying my friends Ashdown EB180 head, and just need a small cab to use for smallish gigs. A 4x10 might be a bit big, and awkward to carry up and down stairs to my uni accomodation in the autumn, so I was looking into 2x10s instead

Edited by AinsleyWalker

If you can stretch up to £500, that's quite a nice budget for a 2x10 (and you probably won't need more than that if you're only playing small gigs), or even a 2x12 cab. Without knowing what kind of sound you're after, it doesn't really narrow it down still though. :)

There's nothing wrong with the Ashdown cabs that would match that head, but I think if you're working with a £4-500 budget, you could definitely do a lot better.

As always, I'll recommend GK gear if you can get anywhere to try it out. The NEO210 is about £400, the NEO212 and the 210RBH are about £500. Any of those would do you fine for a gig, the neo gear is fairly lightweight (it's not uber lightweight for neo gear, but it's not heavy compared to the RBH cabs) and they all sound awesome IMO. I currently use two 410RBHs and hopefully I'll have some NEO212s turning up next week. :)

Haha I just don't really have one particular style I play. I play a MusicMan Stingray if that helps at all, I like a bright sound.

Well I could spend more if I saved, I just don't particularly want to as it would only be for like I said, small gigs, practising etc as I'll be busy with Uni stuff.
Cheers for the recommendations I'll check them out!

When I was buying my Eden Nemesis 410, the other 410 I was looking at was TC Electronic - to match my amp - but these were described to me as very clear and bright sounding.

There`s a lot of lurve on here at present for TC Electronics, so may be worth checking out their 210s, sounds like they are what you`re looking for.

FWIW, I think a 2x10 as a standalone is not the best cab. It would be far too easy to drive it too hard.
Unless you really do mean you are doing quiet gigs
If you must have a 210..get a beefy Eden XLT SH.

If you must only have one cab, then the NEO 212 looks interesting and in budget.

I'm looking to sell my Ashdown gear if you are interested.
I have a 2x10 deep which is approx 2 yrs old and never been gigged - only used at a couple of rehearsals (2off)
Quite heavy cab hence reason I haven't used it much.
In mint condition. Looking for £100.
Not advertised as yet but was planning to put in the for sale section this weekend.
If interested let me know and I'll send some pics.

I have used it with an Ashdown MAG300 1x15 combo or Warwick ProFet IV.

Cheers
Dave