Why become a member? ×

Suggest a Rhythm

owen_87

Right I don't know if anyone else will find this useful but I think it may be a fun idea. I quite often find that I play the same old rhythms all the time and I reckon I am probably not the only one. So what I thought would be a good idea would be for people to suggest a rhythm. Would be interesting to see what other rhythms people will suggest to practice to. I will get the ball rolling with this:

[attachment=76591:rhythm.jpg]

[quote name='Doddy' post='1187253' date='Apr 3 2011, 11:17 PM']Just buy a copy of 'Modern Reading Text in 4/4'. There are plenty of rhythmic ideas to keep you going for years.[/quote]
That's the spirit! :) :lol:

I would participate, but haven't a clue about adding attachments :)

Edited by SteveK

[quote name='owen_87' post='1187149' date='Apr 3 2011, 10:01 PM']Right I don't know if anyone else will find this useful but I think it may be a fun idea. I quite often find that I play the same old rhythms all the time and I reckon I am probably not the only one. So what I thought would be a good idea would be for people to suggest a rhythm. Would be interesting to see what other rhythms people will suggest to practice to. I will get the ball rolling with this:

[attachment=76591:rhythm.jpg][/quote]

Have a listen to some Cuban Music - a life time of Rhythm study.

Garry

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1187167' date='Apr 3 2011, 10:12 PM'][i]ooga-chacka ooga-chacka ooga-chacka badap..... tish![/i] (and repeat)

^^^^ Swings like a good'un, this one does.[/quote]

^ You know what, I could visualise that in my head almost immediately. I think you might be onto something here... some new form of musical notation! ;-)