Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Polytune Tuning Pedal

BassPhoto

[quote name='BassPhoto' post='1184827' date='Apr 1 2011, 02:55 PM']I just got a Polytune so it's my new toy for this weekend. Anyone tried it on 4 or 5 string bass?[/quote]

I use it on 4,5,6 string electric bass and upright. It's a great tuner.

It's not too accurate.

I had one and sold it after comparing it with a pitchblack and my Turbotuner. The Polytune said my bass was in tune, my Pitchblack and Turbo said it wasn't.

There are quite a few threads on Talkbass about the inaccuracy of it.

I don't think it'd be too noticeable though really.

I also didn't like the size of the display.

I use a Boss TU15 which I've "borrowed" off my dad, and it does the job really well. I don't like having it on the floor though and it doesn't mute to tune, and for the next show I'm doing I'll be actually onstage as part of the cast, so need a tuner which does that. So I'm looking at a TU2, TU1000, Pitchblack+ or Polytune. Anyone any experience of the others?

[quote name='goblin' post='1194187' date='Apr 10 2011, 12:04 AM']I use a Boss TU15 which I've "borrowed" off my dad, and it does the job really well. I don't like having it on the floor though and it doesn't mute to tune, and for the next show I'm doing I'll be actually onstage as part of the cast, so need a tuner which does that. So I'm looking at a TU2, TU1000, Pitchblack+ or Polytune. Anyone any experience of the others?[/quote]

I had a pitchblack+ and a polytune at the same time... Sold the Polytune and Kept the Pitchblack+... tuning is just so much more fun with those huge LED's. It's much bigger and heavier though and the polytune's a decent thing too.

Pitchblack's the first one that caught my eye tbh, although I'd go for the pitchblack+ if I did, so I can cut out my switch box as it has two inputs (changing bass on stage is also a bit of a pain). I can get hold of a new TU1000 for £!00 though which is really tempted, I've borrowed one before and loved it.