Why become a member? ×

REDUCED -V-Type all Valve rig - Trace Elliot

[sup][b]Major bummer.[/b][/sup]

**** NOW £750 for the V4 Head and 1*15 cab (2 by 10 is sold) **** :)

For those that haven't seen my intro (http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128517) I only joined a couple of days ago, I am pending divorce and house sale and as a consequence most of my 50 basses/guitars are about to hit the streets....along with them goes some of my amps & pedals etc etc etc...

If you are looking at this then I guess you already know that this is genuine Rocking-Horse-Sh1t. This my rig of preference and it's seen some sterling service over the last decade or so. I used to use SVT's but frankly I prefer the KT88 sound of these V-type heads.

Clearly the rig is used BUT not abused. The amp has no rips in the covering at all ( afew marks and that's it), the cabs are the carpet covering type and so are a bit bobbly and, as it's been stored in my garage they need a good brush over! I fitted the extra-strong wheels to both cabs a few years ago to make life easier! :lol:

It's 220 Watts RMS into 8 ohms & 440 peak - stick it into 4 ohms and take the roof off, the windows out and flatten the neighbourhood. :)

Anyway, it's gotta go - along with the cabs as shown in the pics, a TE 1*15 & a TE 2*10....... as a whole this mother moves air, is fat and warm and round and punchy and dynamic and and and......enough (I'm gonna burst into tears here).

So what's it worth? - as always when you sell something it's worth what someone is prepared to pay - make me an offer! - I genuinely have no idea BUT I have seen the heads go for loads ....be gentle!! - Having said that there is a deal to be done - needs must at this end.

I was looking at £1,000 for the rig - maybe it's worth more, maybe it's less - but £1,000 feel about right as the heads alone fetch £5-600+ and a similar head with 1 cab just sold for a grand.....(don't really want to split it). Having said that I'd be happy to let the head and 1*15 go for £850 if you can't afford the lot - I might be losing my rig but that way at least I'd get to keep a cab which I could partner with something else (it'll never be the same though!)

Lastly, if you know these things you will know that they are all individually HEAVY - put them together and you need to strengthen your floorboards......this means pick-up only form Oxford I'm afraid or sorting out some way to get them picked up.

Sad. :D

Edited by jakekirkpatrick

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1174833' date='Mar 24 2011, 04:01 PM']You're going to need to put a price on it...

Good luck with the sale![/quote]

Thanks for the advice, as I say I really have no idea and can't even find a listing anywhere for a similar rig - finger in the air....£1,000 about right?, feels right-ish to me)

Edited by jakekirkpatrick

[quote name='jakekirkpatrick' post='1174883' date='Mar 24 2011, 04:41 PM']So what d'ya think on price? - about right?
Cheers
jake[/quote]

Seems about right. That V-type head would go beautifully with the V-type 2x15 cab I am selling! I suspect the head is worth more than the two cabs combined... The head may be rare, but those cabs ain't! Is this head the fore-runner of the V4?

Edited by Conan

[quote name='gareth' post='1175036' date='Mar 24 2011, 06:29 PM']I think you may struggle to get that as a rig but if you sell the three parts seperately you should get £1000

Good luck :)[/quote]

Cool - txs for the input. I've downgraded my asking price to £850 on the basis that the heads alone get £5-600 when they crop up.
Cheers
Jake :)

Also sorry to hear of your situation - you've probably already thought of it, but it might be worth keeping the buyer's details and asking them to give you a chance to buy it back if / when they move it on. This way you'll have a chance to get things back when your own situation improves.

And - bump for a gread head. I had a V4 when I was in Australia - they are rarer than rare there, wish I hadn't needed to sell it.

I have had a Trace V4 for years. I'm not a Trace fan, but the V-type amps are fantastic. The matching cab is a 2X15" which (not surprisingly) suits it perfectly. A friendly word of advice-as someone else said, I think you'd have no trouble selling that head if you split them up. Those cabs are plentiful and not so sought after.

Sorry to hear of you having to sell so much gear-that must hurt. Good luck.

[quote name='Jimibass' post='1182336' date='Mar 30 2011, 03:19 PM']V-type amps are fantastic. The matching cab is a 2X15" which (not surprisingly) suits it perfectly.[/quote]

You mean this one?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125690"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125690[/url]

Wish I could afford this amp, as I'd [i]love[/i] to hear what it would sound like with my 1528... There's a lot of Trace gear for sale at the moment, but these two really are the mutt's nuts.

Maybe someone should buy both of them? :)

Edited by Conan

• 2 months later...

**** PRICE REDUCTION **** OK - things are now DESPERATE and my wife wants her pound of flesh.

The rig (V4 Amp & 1*15 cab) can be had for £750 - given that the heads often (when you can find one) go for £650+ this is a steal - check out the pics.

BARGAIN ANYONE? - Pickup in Oxford (5 mins off J8 M40)

:)

awww man im feeling your pain with this one dude. And having to flog it all so cheap.

Sorry for you mate.

Someone will be getting the bargain of the decade with this. Trust me, these V Type amps are the dogs taters! best bit of kit i ever bought was one and its never leaving my side.

Sorry again mate.

[quote name='longtimefred' post='1285827' date='Jun 28 2011, 10:32 PM']awww man im feeling your pain with this one dude. And having to flog it all so cheap.

Sorry for you mate.

Someone will be getting the bargain of the decade with this. Trust me, these V Type amps are the dogs taters! best bit of kit i ever bought was one and its never leaving my side.

Sorry again mate.[/quote]

Thanks that man - This is my pride and joy and the best I have ever had BUT alas ....... has to go! Surely a steal for someone now at £750 with a 1*15 - Hell the head alone is worth that!!!