Why become a member? ×

Bass? What Bass?

tomb

I agree that couriers are generally crap, but I would still kick up a fuss with Thomann about it, especially considering how long this has dragged on and what a series of cock-ups there has been.

Tell them that you had to take a day off work to wait in for it and no courier came, and now you're gonna have to take another day off to wait for it again! Lay it on thick and make them feel as bad as possible. At the end of the day, you've chosen to buy from them because they're a reputable supplier that you expect a certain level of service from. At the moment they're failing to deliver the level of service that you're paying them for, and failing to live up to their reputation.

It might be worth asking them to verify the delivery address and ask them to check which address the courier attempted to deliver to, because they might have tried to deliver it today, but to the wrong house!

[quote name='BassPimp66' post='1171274' date='Mar 21 2011, 08:39 PM']2) I never received my Markbass Traveler 102P from the (London) BASS CENTRE.
They wouldn't give me a refund either and kept patronizing me over the phone... I went to my bank and disputed the transaction to obtain the refund.
I got my refund in the end. I will never shop with them ever again.[/quote]

WORST SHOP I've ever encountered in my manydealings with online shops.

*none* of my orders worked smoothly, so they're in my list of shops to avoid at all costs. In fact, it's te ONLY shop I'd never even buy from again.

They lie about stock, repeatedly. They "forget" to call you after they promise to call you. They delay by over a month your refund...
They're only really good at one thing: they are extremely fast at taking your cash.

Bass Centre? I'd rather kick myself in the balls. Seriously. It would be as painful, but the kick doesn't drag over weeks and weeks.

[quote name='tomb' post='1172182' date='Mar 22 2011, 03:14 PM']if i get 2 i will, im kinda honest[/quote]

Nice.

And that's the sort of service I've had from Thomann. If there's been a problem, it's always been resolved rapidly.

The only time I was not happy was when I placed an order for something they did not have in stock. It was stated that way,and there was a date, 3 weeks away, for when they expected to have that item. I was ok with it, so I ordered.
Three weeks pass. Item stock status is "imminent".
Two days later it changes to out of stock, and no mention when they'd have it. I wish I had been sent an email to advise of that.
So I sent an email cancelling my order.
They replied within an hour and stated that no money had left my credit card, so it was all good.

And that's why I continue to buy from them.

[quote name='tomb' post='1176107' date='Mar 25 2011, 04:16 PM']interesting... cause ive been home all day and my mobile phone has been on... Last time im doing business with Thomann for sure[/quote]

unfortunately that's not Thomann's fault... but your local DHL (or whoever they use there).

I live in Edinburgh, and there are several companies that get used to deliver stuff. I try to find out, before I order, which courier a company would use. Some have been consistently bad for me... but the same courier in another location might be fine.
In my case, UKMail is abysmal.

I make a point of letting the place I order from when their choice of delivery company has let them down.
I once, after several incidents, managed to get an online store to stop using ParcelForce. At least they wrote to me apologising and saying they would look at other companies, and every order after that used a different carrier.

[quote name='tomb' post='1176107' date='Mar 25 2011, 05:16 PM']QUOTE
25.03.11 13:46 The shipment could not be delivered

interesting... cause ive been home all day and my mobile phone has been on... Last time im doing business with Thomann for sure[/quote]
I'd be emailing the guy that last emailed you from Thomann, say that that it's a lie that you weren't in, what are they going to do about it? Then give them a deadline in which to do something about it. You could also tell them that their dealings with this order are currently the subject of an online discussion on a large musicians website.

I'd totally vouch for Thomann customer service as being some of the best you'll find.

They are at the mercy of the courier when it comes to delivery. Yes, they choose the courier but they have no influence on whatever gimp couldn't be bothered to get out of the van and walk up your driveway.

I was told my double bass would arrive on a certain day. I waited in, it didn't arrive. Contacted Thomann who gave me the courier info. Contacted them, told them I'd wasted a day off work (blatant lie - work? me?). This was at Friday, 5pm-ish. Courier said it would be out Monday - I said I couldn't take another day of work, kicked up a bit of fuss. They delivered it the next morning.

As for the dodgy finish around the input - I can't imagine you having any problems getting that sorted. If you do let us know.

Tomb,

Olá,

Também moro em Portugal.

Ontem realizei um pedido através da loja online Thomann (2 guitarras e 1 stand para guitarra).

Estou com dificuldades em realizar a transferência bancária.

Recebi o email com as seguintes informações:

"Você escolheu a forma de pagamento transferência bancária para a sua enocmenda. Por favor transfere 294.90 EUR com as seguintes informações 'Vorkasse 201113.528884, KdNr. 3572050' para a nossa conta no banco Deutschen Bank (Destinatário: Musikhaus Thomann, Kontonummer 8115008, BLZ 76070024, Swift Code DEUT DE DB 760, IBAN: DE 19 7607 0024 0811 5008 00, Endereço do banco: Lange Str. 37 in D-96047 Bamberg, Beneficiário 'Musikhaus Thomann')."

Como eu tenho conta bancária no Santander Totta, tentei realizar a transferência, mas não encontrei os campos para colocar as informações "Vorkasse 201113.528884, KdNr. 3572050".

Podes me ajudar, por favor?

Obrigado e os melhores cumprimentos,

Henrique.

[quote name='Henrique Carreta' post='1180753' date='Mar 29 2011, 01:34 PM']Tomb,

Olá,

Também moro em Portugal.

Ontem realizei um pedido através da loja online Thomann (2 guitarras e 1 stand para guitarra).

Estou com dificuldades em realizar a transferência bancária.

Recebi o email com as seguintes informações:

"Você escolheu a forma de pagamento transferência bancária para a sua enocmenda. Por favor transfere 294.90 EUR com as seguintes informações 'Vorkasse 201113.528884, KdNr. 3572050' para a nossa conta no banco Deutschen Bank (Destinatário: Musikhaus Thomann, Kontonummer 8115008, BLZ 76070024, Swift Code DEUT DE DB 760, IBAN: DE 19 7607 0024 0811 5008 00, Endereço do banco: Lange Str. 37 in D-96047 Bamberg, Beneficiário 'Musikhaus Thomann')."

Como eu tenho conta bancária no Santander Totta, tentei realizar a transferência, mas não encontrei os campos para colocar as informações "Vorkasse 201113.528884, KdNr. 3572050".

Podes me ajudar, por favor?

Obrigado e os melhores cumprimentos,

Henrique.[/quote]

ROUGH TRANSLATION:
Hello, I also live in Portugal.

Yesterday I placed an order through the online Thomann store (2 guitars and 1 stand for guitar). I am having difficulties doing the banking transfer. I received an email: 'You chose to pay by bank transfer. Please transfer 294.90EUR with the following information 'Vorkasse 201113,528884, KdNr. 3572050' to our account at Deutschen Bank (Addressee: Musikhaus Thomann, Kontonummer 8115008, BLZ 76070024, Swift Code DEUT OF DB 760, IBAN: OF 19 7607 0024 0811 5008 00, Address of the bank: Lange Str. 37 D-96047 Bamberg, Beneficiary 'Musikhaus Thomann').'

As I have a bank account with Santander, I tried to do the transfer, but I did not find how to enter the information 'Vorkasse 201113,528884, KdNr. 3572050".

Can you help me, please?

Thanks and the best compliments,
Henrique

[quote name='Kev' post='1180806' date='Mar 29 2011, 02:24 PM']^^ To be honest, i think that is a little rude.[/quote]

Rude?
I wouldn't say rude... but a little myopic, yes.

Post in Portuguese, and x people can read it.
Post in English, and y people can read it.
With y >> x, the chances of getting help are clearly lowered by posting in Portuguese in an English-speaking forum.