Why become a member? ×

£509 for a recent Aria bass?

[quote name='tomb' post='1168958' date='Mar 19 2011, 10:34 PM'].... but still, i wouldnt pay that much for an Aria[/quote]

Why?

They make some really good basses, by all accounts these models are extremely well made, play brilliantly and sound the nuts.

People pay that sort of money for all the branded Corts (G&L, Lakland etc.) which are overseas basses with decals on.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1168980' date='Mar 19 2011, 10:50 PM']Why?

They make some really good basses, by all accounts these models are extremely well made, play brilliantly and sound the nuts.

People pay that sort of money for all the branded Corts (G&L, Lakland etc.) which are overseas basses with decals on.[/quote]

its a matter of taste, they simply dont appeal to me

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1169101' date='Mar 20 2011, 02:13 AM']Come on it's common knowledge the guy doesn't like fakers :)[/quote]

true, its just like jazz bass, i would either get Fender or Squier, none of the rest that looks like it. well, thinking about it, only Fender really...

I dont know why, i just dont like fake stuff... kinda feels like downloading an album from a torrent instead of having the real thing... just feels wrong to me

Its the fretted version of the Steve Bailey. I nearly bought the fretless one a couple of years ago for something like £600

Carol Kaye did play a 4 string one although that may have been James Jamerson now you come to mention it :)

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='tomb' post='1169107' date='Mar 20 2011, 02:37 AM']true, its just like jazz bass, i would either get Fender or Squier, none of the rest that looks like it. well, thinking about it, only Fender really...

I dont know why, i just dont like fake stuff... kinda feels like downloading an album from a torrent instead of having the real thing... just feels wrong to me[/quote]

I fully understand that, I'd love a Jazz one day but it would have to be a fender! Though I wouldn't object to a Sadowsky/Nordy/Lakland either :)

[quote name='karlfer' post='1169139' date='Mar 20 2011, 07:02 AM']What, only one output socket? My CMI has 2. :) .

Weren't the origins of Fender Japan in Faker-dom?
Karl.[/quote]
Yep. Some of the early JV's had the same routing as the FujiGen made Grecos. Effectively they were Fender licensed 'fakers.