Why become a member? ×

Changes to the Take It Away Scheme...

Noisyjon

[quote name='charic' post='1173204' date='Mar 23 2011, 12:50 PM']Just buy a Shuker/ACG instead :) that way you need the deposit then you have 9months+ (at a guess) to save for it!![/quote]

... and you could pay the deposit on your credit card and get cashback?

Wahey!

I feel like I can be flippant. Despite knowing, in some detail, how the whole system works I still had silly money on my cards. I'm happy to say it is now gone, and now that I'm not spending every sodding card provider has written to me to increase my credit limits :)

Its up to people what they do with their own money, If your the sort of person that gets in debt easily this 9 month scheme just for musical gear (Im sure mark at bass direct said amps were included or was that another scheme?) wont be stopping them racking it up somewhere else. If you have the money in the bank and your good with it then doing the scheme just meens you get the interest in your bank instead of theirs actually making the item which in some cases can be a lot of cash (SR5 :)) cheaper than the guy paying cash for it there and then as haggling can be done before agreeing to the scheme, I know :)

I used it twice & thought it was great. I can't say I'm surprised as all good things come to an end & at least it stops me using it again. At 38yrs old & having played since 15yrs old I don't think applicants like me embodied the true spirit of the scheme. A shame though

I think it's a shame. As a 38 yr old bassist who only just got round to going pro a few years ago this scheme was invaluable to me. I bought my Yamaha SLB200 when I was just starting out and gigged off the debt. The instrument helped me get the gigs! Now I'm playing regularly in several pro bands and I probably wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the TIA. I for one will miss it.