Why become a member? ×

fed up of messy cables

After using George Ls for a long time, I have now started using Lava cables and they are so much better, more expensive too, but worth the extra money in my opinion.
The way cable connects to the plugs is more secure than on the Ls, that I found often come loose. The plug and cable on the Lavas are quite clearly of superior quality and the plugs are also smaller than the George ones which saves you lots of space on your pedal board.

[url="http://www.lavacable.com/lava.html"]http://www.lavacable.com/lava.html[/url]

I've not had any trouble with George L's. I only ever had one plug connection that didn't work, and that was the first plug I ever attached.

My stuff rarely gets taken off the pedalboard though. I imagine if you chop and change pedals a lot you might see some cable failures, but then you would probably break soldered plug connections just as easily too.

I've never liked them. Had a few die on me in the past and the fancy fanned bits on the plugs spread your input socket out, meaning normal cables that you use won't fit snug as normal. But this is my opinion. I've wired my pedal board with Switchcraft 226 plugs and my rack with Neutrick Plugs all with VanDamme Cable. Easy to order online and not bad pricing.

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1173901' date='Mar 23 2011, 09:17 PM']are the planet waves ones crap?

andy[/quote]

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1173901' date='Mar 23 2011, 09:17 PM']are the planet waves ones crap?

andy[/quote]
i've had reasonable success with the planet waves ones. no noticeable noise, etc.. but the plugs are slightly inconvenient at certain angles/with certain pedals.

just try not to move them too much if they are tightly connected. ,i.e. get your set-up sorted first.

i have recently bought George L's, but can't yet comment on whether they sound any better than the PWs.

ask me in a couple of weeks..

My later edit.

just be gentle with all of the connectors..

Edited by phil.i.stein