Why become a member? ×

Never happy for long...

Machines

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1140843' date='Feb 25 2011, 10:09 AM']....I always find dissatisfaction, but I'm now inclined to believe that the dissatisfaction stems more from my playing than the instrument itself - that I'll never quite make them sound like the legends....[/quote]
The legends didn't sound like that either.... unless they were going through a room full of recording equipment! I've heard Duck Dunn sound very ordinary on a gig.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1188788' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:31 AM']The legends didn't sound like that either.... unless they were going through a room full of recording equipment! I've heard Duck Dunn sound very ordinary on a gig.[/quote]

ha ha ...you want to hear Iron Maiden then without FOH :)

• 1 month later...

When you're grown up, you find that the bass that sounds the best, and plays the best...........actually is the the best bass you own, irrespective of price.

Which means you may as well get rid of all the rest.

I'm not quite grown up yet............but I'm getting there.

I'm with you. I recently got offered a Progress for a steal or a Sandberg for a fair price. I decided to go with the Sandberg for almost as much as the Progress even though monetarily it was the worse deal. I love my Sandberg JJ though and definitely feel that I made the right choice to get my Sandy MM5.

As brilliant as the Overwater is (and it really is, as soon as I picked it up I could feel the quality oozing from it) Sandbergs just fit me, even though the two I have are completely different pup configs and even a different neck profile, there's just something about them I like.