Why become a member? ×

withdrawn

Shonks

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Shonks' post='1129672' date='Feb 16 2011, 02:20 PM']£150

Trace Elliot GP7 SM 150 watts BLX style combo

150 into 8 ohm 1x10 Celestion Driver
(can add an 8 ohm external cab to get the full 300 watts)

styled on the BLX series but this is much more powerful!

these amps go for £150 on their own on eBay as you guys probably are aware!

this combo has caster wheels added for convenience and comes with its own vinyl cover

pick up from Southend on Sea
or can deliver (within reason) for expenses :)[/quote]

If ever you are Nottingham way bring it with you, I will have it.......................Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Shonks' post='1159011' date='Mar 12 2011, 10:14 AM']no I'm most definitly not confused!! :lol: , your mistaken. :) ..this is 150 watts stand alone into its own 10" 150 watt 8 ohm speaker. :lol:
It has a second 8 ohm output which significantly increases the volume!! :)

I thankyoo :P[/quote]

Sorry, but i'm afraid you are incorrect. I can't without checking confirm whether or not the internal speaker gets the full 150W, but i without doubt confirm that this amp delivers no more than 150W at 4 ohms. Have a little look at the back of the amp, it should say 150w max RMS, 300w peak. Its the RMS rating you need to be looking at :D The name of the amp also gives a clue to its max power rating :lol:

Sorry to press this point mate, but i don't want somebody buying it and returning it due to it being misadvertised! I am actually quite interested as it goes...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Shonks' post='1212728' date='Apr 27 2011, 03:28 PM']nope....you are wrong -- but thanks for being so protectctive to our fellow basschatters!!

... the the speaker inside is rated 150 watts @ 8 ohms , and your right in that the amp says 150 watts rms>>> but at [b]150 watts @ 8ohms - and 300 watt peak[/b]. Peak I assumed was meant at 4ohms - seems logical to me captain.

it has an extra 8 ohm speaker output so it max output is 4ohms !!! :)[/quote]
Sorry dude, KeV is right and you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the spec! The amp will produce 150W RMS into 4 ohms, with potential to peak at 300W. Into the internal 8ohm speaker it'll produce around 90W RMS probably. The fact that the speaker is rated 150W has feck all bearing on the power output ability of the amp :)

[quote name='Shonks' post='1215475' date='Apr 30 2011, 03:27 AM']so your telling me the GP7 150 combo with the stock speaker at 8 ohm is only 90 watts???
does the mean the BLX 80 with the stock speaker is only 40 watts?

does this mean all the trace combos with a number in the model's name is misleading and only put out half the stated number?
the 1x15 combos which are all into 8 ohms, so are they are too only half the stated power output???
They wouldn't install a 4ohm speaker with an extra speaker output as the amps can't handle a lower resistance than 4ohm.
Mine says on the back minimum load 4ohms

You sure I've misunderstood the specs?

I dont fink so!![/quote]
Yes I am saying that, sorry fella! The BLX80 is a different kettle of fish, it develops 80w into 8 ohms, or full power into it's internal speaker, I believe.

This is 150W RMS with an extension cab :)

It's still a great little combo, don't get me wrong, it's just you're misunderstanding the specs I'm afraid :)

[quote name='Shonks' post='1215475' date='Apr 30 2011, 03:27 AM']so your telling me the GP7 150 combo with the stock speaker at 8 ohm is only 90 watts???
does the mean the BLX 80 with the stock speaker is only 40 watts?

does this mean all the trace combos with a number in the model's name is misleading and only put out half the stated number?
the 1x15 combos which are all into 8 ohms, so are they are too only half the stated power output???
They wouldn't install a 4ohm speaker with an extra speaker output as the amps can't handle a lower resistance than 4ohm.
Mine says on the back minimum load 4ohms

You sure I've misunderstood the specs?

I dont fink so!![/quote]

regretfully i have to disagree as well

A lot of combos need an extension cabinet to develop their full stated output
This is the spec for the current 2 100 TE Cobo where it says it will deliver 600 watt into 2 10 in speakers [u]with [/u][b][/b]an extensiob cab

Additional speaker output (8 Ohms minimum load).
- 600 Watts (4 Ohms) output stage (with additional speaker cabinet).
- Two 10” (254mm) special design Celestion speakers.
- High frequency horn with variable attenuation.

This is a common cause of gripes on this forum