Why become a member? ×

I've heard it said that, if something seems too good to be true

Happy Jack

It's ten minutes down the road from me. Shall I try to go & have a looksie?

edit: Just emailed that I'd like to pop around.

It looks more like a US reissue from the pics. Not saying that's what I think it is, as it *could* have been kept in time capsule condition. I've heard of basses played for a few months & put away in the past. I'm normally pretty good with knowing what's what with Fenders, but I'm definitely more knowledgeable about mustangs than jazzes and anything mid 70s onwards. Does anyone know what to look for which could help confirm is it not a doctored reissue for certain?

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='gareth' post='1122448' date='Feb 10 2011, 11:25 AM']I bet you that IF he does reply he will tell you he lives in the outer hebrides or some such far off place - and of course a million miles from sutton[/quote]
Not quite - Aberdeen :)

[quote name='"scamming twat' date=' Bart Muller <[email protected]>"']Hi,
The bass is still for sale.
It is located in Aberdeen at my uncle's place .He recently passed away and I have to sell his stuff.
You can come to collect or I can ship it to you .
Let me know what you prefer.
Regards Bart[/quote]

Surprise, surprise - what a see-you-next-tuesday

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

Its obvious that there is no bass & the offer of picking it up from Aberdeen is a bluff. I bet his preferred method of payment is western union - probably picked up on another continent. I don't really have time to scambait. If I ask for a photo of the bass on today's paper and standing against the front door of the address in Aberdeen (to check against streetview) I bet I'll not hear back from him.