Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**Warwick Fortress One 4 string

soulboy

For sale is my 1993 Warwick Fortress One. I have owned this bass from new, purchased from the Bass Centre Wapping.

It features a 2 piece swamp ash body with 3 piece wenge neck and fingerboard, passive electronics, p/j mec pickups which can give p bass tones to a lovely honk over the j pickup. Very versatile I have used this on every imaginable situation. It has the lowest action on any instrument I have ever owned and a very even volume across all 4 strings.

The bass has seen a few gigs and studios over the years but remains in good condition for an 18 year old instrument. I have regularly used beeswax on the open grain neck and kept the fretboard and headstock well oiled so as not to dry out. There are a couple of small dings to the varnish but it is practically bulletproof thanks to the gloss finish. I have added second flush strap hook further down towards the jack socket as you can see in the photos for improved comfort. Gold strap locks included.

This is a truly reluctant sale due to current economic climate. Looking for £400. Warwick don't make these like this any more, it's far superior to the current Rockbass.

I'd rather not post but if buyer prefers it would be at a cost to them at around £20. I am located in Leighton Buzzard Bedfordshire.
[attachment=71602:DSC06697.JPG]

More photos here:
[url="http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/soulboy75/Warwick%20Fortress/"]http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/s...ick%20Fortress/[/url]

Edited by soulboy

Wow, that's identical to mine! Mine has a replacement neck though and is active.

You don't often see the indents near the base of the neck, they were on some '93 and '94 basses to my limited knowledge. One of the rarer colours too.

Have a bump for a gorgeous bass, not that i'm biased!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1120884' date='Feb 9 2011, 01:16 AM']Wow, that's identical to mine! Mine has a replacement neck though and is active.

You don't often see the indents near the base of the neck, they were on some '93 and '94 basses to my limited knowledge. One of the rarer colours too.

Have a bump for a gorgeous bass, not that i'm biased![/quote]

The indents were only on the earlier models, for a couple of years, purely a decorative feature. When this bass appears in photos it always looks dark brown however in the flesh in a certain light it can appear almost green. Thanks for the bump.

[quote name='soulboy' post='1120989' date='Feb 9 2011, 09:27 AM']The indents were only on the earlier models, for a couple of years, purely a decorative feature. When this bass appears in photos it always looks dark brown however in the flesh in a certain light it can appear almost green. Thanks for the bump.[/quote]

Yep, same as mine. There's a definite green hue to it, really nice finish i think, this one and the natural finish are my favourite Fortress colours.
I actually think the indents make access to the high frets easier, like a cutaway scoop you see on PRS guitars.

Must admit i'm quite jealous as yours has it's original wenge neck!