Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout

tino

walkabout scout for sale £800 like new ....green all paperwork and a spare set of valves if ever needed thrown in.
We have no further use for it

Its a green un

Collection Please

ta ra 4 now

Provisionally SOLD....Deposit taken.....Thanks one and all....Platypus is now the proud owner...Thanks & I hope you enjoy it

Edited by tino

[quote name='tino' post='1117636' date='Feb 6 2011, 01:26 PM']walkabout scout for sale £800 like new ....green all paperwork and a spare set of valves if ever needed thrown in.

Its a green un

Collection Please

ta ra 4 now[/quote]
PM'd

[quote name='tredders' post='1117727' date='Feb 6 2011, 02:54 PM']I'm horribly tempted by this. Been looking at these for a while now.

Just a dumb question - how useable are they for gigs without the extension cab?[/quote]
They are very loud. The down firing radiator speaker underneath transmits extra sound to the stage area. Loud enough for any pub, hall or medium sized venue IMHO. I had one and bought the extension cab and never used the latter as it wasn't necessary.

[quote name='tredders' post='1117727' date='Feb 6 2011, 02:54 PM']I'm horribly tempted by this. Been looking at these for a while now.

Just a dumb question - how useable are they for gigs without the extension cab?[/quote]
Depends on the band and the venue of course but these are loud combos (especially the 4 ohm version) so unless you were up against a bunch of Marshall stacks and a hit everything as hard as possible drummer you're probably not going to have a problem.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1117733' date='Feb 6 2011, 02:59 PM']They are very loud. The down firing radiator speaker underneath transmits extra sound to the stage area. Loud enough for any pub, hall or medium sized venue IMHO. I had one and bought the extension cab and never used the latter as it wasn't necessary.[/quote]

+1. Thunderous for their size and sound like a full on all-valve head. The quality is fantastic and the head removes easily so that you can use it with cabs. It's the sort of combo that raises an eyebrow from guitarists who don't think it'll be loud enough, then same guitarist asks if you can turn it down cos it's drowning out his AC30! :)

[quote name='Sean' post='1117746' date='Feb 6 2011, 03:11 PM']+1. Thunderous for their size and sound like a full on all-valve head. The quality is fantastic and the head removes easily so that you can use it with cabs. It's the sort of combo that raises an eyebrow from guitarists who don't think it'll be loud enough, then same guitarist asks if you can turn it down cos it's drowning out his AC30! :)[/quote]
Looks like we've settled the volume issue then.

[quote name='tino' post='1117636' date='Feb 6 2011, 01:26 PM']walkabout scout for sale £800 like new ....green all paperwork and a spare set of valves if ever needed thrown in.

Its a green un

Collection Please

ta ra 4 now[/quote]
What a fantastic colour combination. Pure class! Good luck with the sale.