Why become a member? ×

please remove. gone

adledman

[attachment=71178:P1015169_copy.jpg]SWR studio 220 head in fantastic condition, valve pre-amp stage with solid state power amp. 220 watts RMS in 4 ohms so packs a good punch. its pretty much the same design and layout still used on current models with a 4 band pera eq. two effects loops a balanced out and an adjustable electronic crossover for bi amping which is very handy for adding a power amp to run the bass and use the internal amp for the treble so you can make a monster rig with it. its rack mounted and has been so for its entire life by the looks of it as its spotless. getting hard to find in this condition its a real classic and one of the first designs swr came up with and largely still the same as in todays amps from them. they were discontinued in 1998 so its at least 13 years old but is pretty much spotless condition. these really are belting amps and nice and light at 13.5 pounds. not over fussed about selling it but it doesnt get the use it deserves as i live in a flat and the headphones generally get used. i am officially old and boring!

Edited by adledman

I have one of these and it's the best sounding SWR amp I've ever had the pleasure to own and I've owned a lot! This is a bargain, mine cost me about this much and it isn't in anywhere near as good condition as this.
Have a free bump!

[quote name='ahpook' post='1115842' date='Feb 4 2011, 08:16 PM']am i right in thinking this is convection cooled - no fan ?[/quote]

Yes...no fan. These are designed to run VERY hot. They were over-engineered when they first came out, ( 80's) IME and probably set the mark for high quaility components in amps at the time.

[quote name='BTGAndy' post='1115843' date='Feb 4 2011, 08:16 PM']I have one of these and it's the best sounding SWR amp I've ever had the pleasure to own and I've owned a lot! This is a bargain, mine cost me about this much and it isn't in anywhere near as good condition as this.
Have a free bump![/quote]

+1 I've got one and will never sell it, I've had lots of (high end) amps and this is the best by far! 220 SWR watts is plenty for 5 piece classic rock pub/club band. Love it. Great price and stuuning condition. These are sooooo good for the money!