Why become a member? ×

Overwater Jazz

gary mac

[url="http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.php?product_id=974&category_id=3"]http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.ph...p;category_id=3[/url]

I had a trip out to the bass merchant yesterday, just to take an amp in for a warranty repair. I tried quite hard to not look at the stock but of course failed.

As a rule I'm more in to P basses but this Jazz was a joy to behold.

The workmanship is a treat to look at.

The timber particularly on the neck and fret board is just amazing. Not sure the images do it justice but hopefully you can get the idea.

I only noodled with it for a few minutes but have to say it was love at first sight. It's going to be an unrequited love though, due to lack of funds. The long suffering Mrs. Mac is very understanding but this would be overstepping the mark I think, unless I sold all the rest of my collection.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1115584' date='Feb 4 2011, 04:54 PM']There's an Overwater Jazz in the FS section right now! And you'd be saving a fortune compared to buying a new one!! It’s a win/win situation![/quote]

I'll be back once I have a look in the for sale section

Lovely bass, cant see me shelling out that sort of coin though...

edit..ive had a closer look and maybe i could.... :) ..those blocks are outragously cool... Bet its sounds amazing.. And i love flame maple..

Its may be a copy but AC charge alot more...dont see why its any different for OW?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bh2' post='1115598' date='Feb 4 2011, 06:07 PM']Wow... talk about bling!

A lot of money for what is, after all, a copy.[/quote]

A bit blingy for my tastes.

Any dreadnought acoustic is a copy but it's hardly the point.

IMO it's gonna be a lot better than the original :)

[quote name='Bassman Sam' post='1116087' date='Feb 5 2011, 12:46 AM']I think it's stunning but I would be afraid to fart in the same room as it in case I damaged the finish. :)[/quote]

Yes I know exactly what you mean. When Darren told me the price, I felt a tad wobbly and had to put it back on the wall hanger pronto