Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*** Sold *** Musicman Stingray 4

Hamster

It's time for me to move this bass on that doesn't get played other than the occasional lounge outing. I've seen something that will get played that I fancy so no trades please :)

From the serial number I think it's from October 1999 and it has 2 band EQ. Very good overall condition. There's a very small chip that has been touched up on the top face edge, only about 6mm long. The neck plate also has a hairline crack in it. I thought that the previous owner had overtightened the screws, but when I took the plate off it looks more like a slight fault in the casting of the plate itself. I tried to get a new plate with the original serial number on it but EB wouldn't oblige. Next to the plate there's a 1cm crack in just the lacquer finish. It doesn't affect the neck at all.

It plays like your standard Stingray and it's strung with DR Sunbeams, action is pretty low.

No issues other than what I've mentioned.

Comes with Stingray original case.

It's going on eBay later tonight with a start of £600 and a BIN of £700. There's an identical one on ebay now where the bidding is at £725 - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Musicman-Stingray-Bass-/130477931813?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e61173d25#ht_698wt_1139"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Musicman-Stingray-Ba...5#ht_698wt_1139[/url]

[b]I'll let mine go here for £600[/b]

Collection preferred or will meet half-way within reason.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1104232' date='Jan 26 2011, 07:33 PM']Trans-blue-a-licious :)[/quote]

You mean Trans-Teal-a-licious :):)

I have exact same with maple neck and they are superb sounding basses. The colour looks even better in the flesh. Good luck with the sale and have a bump on me.