Why become a member? ×

Lemmy The Movie Out On Dvd!

spongebob

I saw it last month in the cinema. There are some genuine classic moments where your see Lemmy as THE only pure unreconstructed rocker left on the planet and other times when you realise that he's also just an old geezer getting on with his day job.

A must see for Motorhead fans and very entertaining for anyone who's heard of Lemmy.

I went to the premiere of this and thoroughly enjoyed it (except for the brown nosing, that was a bit annoying), DVD extras are probably as good as the film. My one gripe, there wasn't enough about Girlschool or The Damned, both bands very close to Lemmy and a big part of Motorheads life in the early days.

Watched it last night and I was a bit disappointed. Problem was that listening to too much Planet Rock had built it up in my expectations. I'm not saying it was bad, far from it, but for my liking there were too many talking heads and not enough of the man and band, the exception being Hawkwind and Metallica. Lemmy's apartment was a revelation, that place is worthy of a very old lady who can't throw anything away (probably not the dagger collection though :) ). Loved the joke about "How do you make a dead baby float?" I howled.

Watched it yesterday, and I loved it.

Great insight into a great man.

What a change to actually see a band that actually mean it, and live to do what they love.

I really want to catch them next tour...I've been a fan for 20+ years, but haven't caught them live sine Wurzel left. I really think Lemmy's right when he says the current line-up is their best. Live footage makes them seem like a powerhouse!

I'd really go get the new album, 'The World Is Yours' sharpish. It's fantastic!

• 1 month later...