Why become a member? ×

75 Reissue

tom1946

Hi folks, I have a 75 reissue Jazz MIJ in 3 tone sunburst that I want to sell.
It's from 1985 and is in pretty much immaculate condition, rosewood board with block markers and what sound like very high output pickups.

Anyone got an idea of value to put on it please?
26 year old models of this bass are a bit thin on the ground.

Thanks for any advice. :)

Pics now up.

Edited by tom1946

Yes. I bought one of these from the gallery about three years ago for £500. It is an amazing bass, and better than a lot of vintage MIA stuff worth a fortune. But as a seller there is no justice in the price, as a buyer they can be the bargain of a lifetime.. tough breaks. Mine is a blonde 1985 with rosewood board.

I think £500 is a bit low as Far East guitars usually sell them for around £650. Having said that, he is a business seller but as you say yours is mint Tom and I haven`t seen many sunburst one`s about, I would say about the £600 mark.

Anyway, where`s the piccy or do we need to wait for the sale thread? :)

Jez

Thanks for the input guys, I paid £675 for it a while back.
It really is in stunning condition for its age too. Nice to know someone else has one the same age Fingerz, you sound happy with it.
I can't get over how loud the pickups are, more than my MIA Jazz.

I'll take a pic and stick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='tom1946' post='1100022' date='Jan 23 2011, 07:55 PM']Thanks for the input guys, I paid £675 for it a while back.
It really is in stunning condition for its age too. Nice to know someone else has one the same age Fingerz, you sound happy with it.
I can't get over how loud the pickups are, more than my MIA Jazz.

I'll take a pic and stick it up tomorrow.[/quote]

I, for one, will be looking forward to checking it out.

Edited by gjones

Hi mate,

Your bass looks amazing. I'm sure I'd pay 600-650 for one like that. If I had the dosh I'd consider it as a back up for mine. Very rare to see in such good condition. Your fingerboard looks quite figured too. Probably from the Fujigen factory where the best MIJ stuff is from for a lot of companies. There's sources online to find out what the serial no means for Fenders so you can figure out its exact origins if you wanted to. Wicked looking instrument. Highly recommended.