Why become a member? ×

Sshorepunks Lot!

sshorepunk

Been meaning to do this for while, so here goes!

Got loads of photo's of what came before this lot, will add them later

First up is my Musicman Stingray, 2005 Ltd edition, the tasty bettercream job!
This is my manin gigging bass, currently running a John East pre
This is the second time I have owned this bass! I had it when I joined the band I am in right now, but was playing 5 string at the time, so it went to fund other gear for the new gig I had. Eventually I switched back to 4 string with the band as there was no need for the extra string. I played a jazz for a while, but had GAS for a 'ray, especially one of these. Fortunatley, the guy who I sold this too no longer required it, so a deal was done! Suits my band sound and style and sounds great through my Matamp rig

Next up is my seafoam green jazz.
This si currently up for sale as the 'ray is my main bass right now
Came from the US, wanted either a seafoam or sonic blue, took a lot of searching to find one. I really like the 70's styling with the blocks. Cool bass and great to play
But it ain't getting playing and I want to try some new sounds in the band

Next up is my Fender deluxe fretless jazz in lake Placid blue
Just had a badass III bridge fitted
I play fretless on a few tracks with my band, I unashamedly play lined fretless, can't be arsed making the switch to unlined
This will be going soon, I love playing it, sounds great, but I have GAS for the MM style fretless sound

A recent aquisition, Lakland hollow body fretless, in a nice red, christened "the trace bass"
My band can do most of our set acoustic, so I wanted something like this for that reason. But I also wanted to do the acoustic stuff fretless and this came up, 34" scale as well! Sounds great, fretboard is like glass! Just bought a Markbass booster pedal for it, so I can use the vintage speaker filter, I like that on fretless! So the markbass pedal and a tuner will be all I need with this for acoustic gigs (and a small combo)

Last of the current crop is a jap' Fender P! fitted with wizard p/ups and finished in photoflame! Not my first choice of P, but it serves a purpose. It's got some weird marks on it from an incident a few years back. Gonna change this at some point, I want a black or white P with RW board
I got hold of this for a specific reason! Sometimes we have Aziz Ibrahim do a guest slot with us, he will do two of the songs he wrote with Ian Brown, My Star and Corpses. So this gets used for My Star as it is played on a bass that is detuned a full tone, and the sound of a P suits it

More to come I guess, got some GAS going on right now!

I'll also start adding some visitors from the last few years, there has been a lot!!!

Tony

Got a fair few images on my server, gonna start with the fretless bunch

First up is a nice bass collection five I owned a few years back, I forget where it was made, but one of the better jap' builders from what I recall

The came a Pedulla buzz, THE fretless, but it really didn't suit the band I play in! I willown another of these at some point in my life

I changed to a more trad' look with the aquisition of a GL2500, but fives were just not needed anymore, so this went in favour of a Jazz, the LPB in the first post

A brief visitor was this Iceni funkmeister, cracking bass, but with a marriage that had fell apart and a much needed break in Kos looming, I needed to get some $$ back in!

Edited by sshorepunk

Here's a few jazzes and a T-bass that passed thru, briefly!

MIJ 70's reisuue!

and a Fender deluxe jazz, that did a few gigs with me a while back, nice bass, but I don't do sunburst (or nice woods, just solid colours these days)

Had a T-bass 5 for a while, great bass, but these need to have four strings IMHO lol

Edited by sshorepunk

A few sei basses have graced my hands!

Nice bass this, superb craftsmanship, went in favour of a solid colour

This was and is a nice, bass, made for Paul Turner! Last five I owned before going back to four

Edited by sshorepunk

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1099010' date='Jan 22 2011, 07:45 PM']Been meaning to do this for while, so here goes!

Got loads of photo's of what came before this lot, will add them later

First up is my Musicman Stingray, 2005 Ltd edition, the tasty bettercream job!
This is my manin gigging bass, currently running a John East pre
This is the second time I have owned this bass! I had it when I joined the band I am in right now, but was playing 5 string at the time, so it went to fund other gear for the new gig I had. Eventually I switched back to 4 string with the band as there was no need for the extra string. I played a jazz for a while, but had GAS for a 'ray, especially one of these. Fortunatley, the guy who I sold this too no longer required it, so a deal was done! Suits my band sound and style and sounds great through my Matamp rig

Next up is my seafoam green jazz.
This si currently up for sale as the 'ray is my main bass right now
Came from the US, wanted either a seafoam or sonic blue, took a lot of searching to find one. I really like the 70's styling with the blocks. Cool bass and great to play
But it ain't getting playing and I want to try some new sounds in the band

Next up is my Fender deluxe fretless jazz in lake Placid blue
Just had a badass III bridge fitted
I play fretless on a few tracks with my band, I unashamedly play lined fretless, can't be arsed making the switch to unlined
This will be going soon, I love playing it, sounds great, but I have GAS for the MM style fretless sound

A recent aquisition, Lakland hollow body fretless, in a nice red, christened "the trace bass"
My band can do most of our set acoustic, so I wanted something like this for that reason. But I also wanted to do the acoustic stuff fretless and this came up, 34" scale as well! Sounds great, fretboard is like glass! Just bought a Markbass booster pedal for it, so I can use the vintage speaker filter, I like that on fretless! So the markbass pedal and a tuner will be all I need with this for acoustic gigs (and a small combo)

Last of the current crop is a jap' Fender P! fitted with wizard p/ups and finished in photoflame! Not my first choice of P, but it serves a purpose. It's got some weird marks on it from an incident a few years back. Gonna change this at some point, I want a black or white P with RW board
I got hold of this for a specific reason! Sometimes we have Aziz Ibrahim do a guest slot with us, he will do two of the songs he wrote with Ian Brown, My Star and Corpses. So this gets used for My Star as it is played on a bass that is detuned a full tone, and the sound of a P suits it

More to come I guess, got some GAS going on right now!

I'll also start adding some visitors from the last few years, there has been a lot!!!

Tony[/quote]

I can't believe you're selling that WONDERFUL Green Jazz. It's a stupidly good bass. I was able to have a go on it @ The Matamp stand @ the last Bass Day. Thanks for that. Hope it goes to a good home.

[quote name='Jigster' post='1100651' date='Jan 24 2011, 12:24 PM']Sshorepunk, I'm pretty sure that foto flame used to be mine - I def didn't sell to you, did you buy it off a fellow basschatter?[/quote]

No, it actually belongs to the guitarist in my band, it is a "band bass"
But it resides with me!

I'm sure he got it new, he's had it a good few years!

Tony

• 8 months later...

I need to update this soon! Found some photo's of old basses and there have been a few additions!

Outgoing is my LPB deluxe fretless jazz, found myself a fretless stingray to go with my buttercream 'ray, nice combo!

Also new is a jap Jazz bass, wanted something for a GK pick up and also a bass I can play around with pick ups etc, it's a bit battered, all black and with the white pickgaurd removed, it looks cool, just needs a bit of fretwork as the A string is not right with a medium action

Also new to me is some TE gear! I have my regular rig, which is a Matamp GT200 and 2 Matamp 4x10's, but I wanted something smaller for at home and the odd acoustic gig, I also wanted something that sounded less vlave, if that makes sence!
So I have a TE AH250 on a 1x15 cab, not exactly small, but far more portable than the Matamp rig and this stuff is such a ridiculous price these days! In 1983 I think I paid £475 for an AH150, lot of money back then!!

Pictures to come, just wanted to bump this up a bit!

Tony

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, I got a fretted neck from lakland!

I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the quality, there is a light depression across a few of the frets, the neck was a really sloppy fit and I had trouble installing three of the tuners due to slight differences in the diameters of the holes!
I emailed Lakland, they were prompt to reply when I was buying the neck, but never replied to the email I sent regarding the issues I had!!

But, it plays OK, took a while to get it settled, but now it's fine, wasn't worth going through all the trouble of returning it
It gets a regular outing when we do an acoustic set

Tony

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...