Why become a member? ×

*Sold pending payment* 70's Style Jazz for sale *Ibanez now Sold*

lukeward2004

Hi All,

I have decided that I need a fretted 5 string backup for my Warwick 5, and I would also like a decent Jazz type bass, and ideally would be looking for a trade.

So, here is what I have:

Ibanez Gary Willis 5 string Fretless - this is a superb bass, plays incredibly well, lovely low action and virtually new strings. Played by many a basschatter at the last bass bash and loved by all who played her! Mint condition, not a mark or scrath/dent on her, and very little play time - never gigged and left sat on a guitar stand for the last few months. Its a great bass, but I just dont have the time to dedicate myself to fretless playing at the moment and its too good a bass to leave on the sidelines.

"Jazzbasstard" Jazz Bass - this was bought about a year ago from a former basschat/bassworld member, BassThing68, who built her from scratch. Alder Body from a Signature 1992 Jazz, Allparts Maple neck with pearl block inlays and binding, Reverse tuner pegs, pickups are from 1992 Signature Jazz but they sound very jazzy with a little extra warmth, CTS pots and chrome hardware, Badass II bridge with modification to allow thru body stringing, chrome string lugs on the other side, and all finished in Nitro-Cellulose. No Marks or dents, no dings and nice low action.

The Pictures arent the best and the pickup covers are not dulled at all - despite one picture looking dull (its fingermarks). Ill make sure these basses are clean as you like before they leave the house.

Here are some soundclips of me playing with the Jazz Live thru my old Hartke 3500/410XL rig:

[url="http://media.putfile.com/Natalie---You-Will-Ever-Know-Live-2007"]http://media.putfile.com/Natalie---You-Wil...-Know-Live-2007[/url]
[url="http://media.putfile.com/Natalie---Whatever-Live-2007"]http://media.putfile.com/Natalie---Whatever-Live-2007[/url]

The Jazz is a great bass and if it had an additional string I would keep it, but at the moment I need to find a suitable 5 string backup bass.

Im interested in any decent 5 string basses, preferably Jazz type basses and Im a sucker for blocks and binding - also fancy the Marcus Miller Jazz bass so show me what you have and give me some food for thought!

Cheers!

Hi Jamie,

All is well thanks mate - on further consideration, I would be looking for offers around the £375 - £400 mark for the Jazz, which is less than I paid for it a year or so ago, and for the Fretless I would ask for what I paid for it, £450, as it has only been played once or twice since it was bought 6 months ago!

If nobody has anything to trade then ill accept a cash sale, as Ive seen a couple of nice Bacchus Jazzers on Ishibashi that take my fancy...

[quote name='odub' post='130249' date='Jan 29 2008, 07:40 PM']oh oops I didn't know thats what the 35 stood for, sorry.

Actually, I'm a bit confused, there is a GWB1005 and a GWB35, both 34", one a lot more expensive than the other.[/quote]

I'll jump in before Luke does - it's the GWB35. All the Willis basses are 34" scale length.

Edited by Stickman

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='130212' date='Jan 29 2008, 06:47 PM']BUMP - Ibanez still available - any interest?

Anyone who played this fretless at the last Bass Bash will know how good it is![/quote]
I played it last year at the SE Bass Bash and it's an amazing bass; great playability and sound.. I've been hankering for a fretless ever since even though I can't play fretless at all!

Hi Guys,

Sorry I havent been about - been rushed off my feet the last few days, roll on the weekend!

This is the GWB35, and to update ill accept £375 all in for the bass. Would prefer to deliver/meet within reasonable distance as I do not have a spare case or gig bag for this to go in with, and I dont trust couriers!

Jazz Sold pending payment.....