Why become a member? ×

Bacchus Impression 'super Jazz' For Trade Or Sale

Damo200

[attachment=69556:Bacchus_001.jpg] [attachment=69557:Bacchus_002.jpg] [attachment=69558:Bacchus_003.jpg]

It is with great reluctance that I am choosing to part with this fantastic instrument but the simple truth is that I just can't get on with the 35" scale. I am therefore looking to trade it for a comparable pro quality 34" 5 stringer.

This bass is in mint condition and has recently had a fretstone, recrown and setup by Mark Willmott. It is therefore in TOP playing order. It has simple yet versatile controls - active/passive switch, 2EQ with panning between pickups or a switch to have them both on 'hot' which gives it a great Marcus Miller slap sound. I am a pro classical double bassist (so shouldn't really have a problem with the 35"!) and was recommended this bass by an eminent west-end player. I have played it in a couple of doubling gigs but otherwise its mainly just been bedroom practice. I've included a link stating the original value of the instrument, which was made in 2007.

[url="http://www.guitarjapan.com/bacchus/spec/05-IMPRESSION_5.html"]http://www.guitarjapan.com/bacchus/spec/05-IMPRESSION_5.html[/url]

I list the specs below, and look forward to your thoughts/offers. I'm based in London, but would be willing to travel for the right instrument. Just to reiterate : MUST be five string, 34", active and fretted and must be top notch! Alternately, I would be willing to let this go for £1000.

Construction Alder body. Flame Maple top.
Neck Maple 3 piece neck.
Scale 35 inch.
Fingerboard Pao Ferro fingerboard.
Pick ups HMC JB-ALV CUSTOM
Pre amps HMC EB-3
Tuner Hip Shot.
Bridge Hip Shot.
Serial Inked
Finish Thin lacquer non buffed finish.

Many thanks for reading!

Damon

Edited by Damo200

Jim - Its 3.9kg in weight. I played a Status S2 yesterday (I presume yours has the through graphite neck?) I really liked it, but had troubles with the lack of headstock and dots at the front (pathetic I know!) You got anything else? (I'm amazed your German double is still for sale, have you tried www.musicalchairs.com?

Rich -You wouldn't think an inch is important but I just find it hard work in the lower positions and I'm not alone in this, though I do have smallish hands. I've got a 34" fretless and it just feels more comfortable though I'm sure its very subjective!

[quote name='Damo200' post='1097428' date='Jan 21 2011, 01:07 PM']Jim - Its 3.9kg in weight. I played a Status S2 yesterday (I presume yours has the through graphite neck?) I really liked it, but had troubles with the lack of headstock and dots at the front (pathetic I know!) You got anything else? (I'm amazed your German double is still for sale, have you tried www.musicalchairs.com?

Rich -You wouldn't think an inch is important but I just find it hard work in the lower positions and I'm not alone in this, though I do have smallish hands. I've got a 34" fretless and it just feels more comfortable though I'm sure its very subjective![/quote]

My kidney? I'll pm you when I get in.

BigJim

[quote name='Damo200' post='1099458' date='Jan 23 2011, 11:26 AM'][attachment=69730:post_498...09_thumb.jpg] [attachment=69732:post_498...20_thumb.jpg]

As advised, here are some more photos of the bass which show off the beautiful grain on the front better.[/quote]

Uh, think those pics could be a bit bigger Damo! :)