Why become a member? ×

For Sale/for Trade: '77 Mm Stingray For 70's Fender Precision

sniperschool

hi
I am looking to trade my Stingray (serial B006124) for a nice 70's precision with cash either way depending on what you have
I think it's a '77 and i'm pretty sure everything is original but please correct me if something looks wrong
As you can see from the pictures it's got some checking and wear to the finish (it actually looks much cleaner in real life)
It sounds great and is really lovely to play ( i would say that but it's true!)

looking for £1,625 obo if it's a sale rather than a trade
i had put it down to £1,550 obo but it turns out that the case looks to be original after all so that's why it's gone back up

It's in Essex/London but can meet pretty much anywhere in the UK if needs be
I'm new on Basschat but i'm a Moderator on www.gearslutz.com (same user name sniperschool) if you want/need a reference
Feel free to ask any questions
Thanks
sean

Added a few more pictures that were requested
Something about looking to see if it has a 'blobby black bit' under the knobs :)
Also yes there are four felts/pads/dampeners or whatever they are called by the bridge

Edited by sniperschool

[quote name='sniperschool' post='1094745' date='Jan 19 2011, 04:16 AM']hi
as the title says i am looking to trade my Stingray (serial B006124) for a nice 70's precision with cash either way depending on what you have
I think it's a '77....[/quote]
B006124 does indeed date it somewhere around Aug/Sept '77. :)
Good luck.

Just interested to know why you would want a 70s P over this sweet looking and no doubt great sounding classic Ray?

If it's just to go fretless, you could always track down a fretless MM Ray neck....

Edited by Bassnut62

it's sounds great and is really effortless to play (i admit to being a guitarist so need all the help i can get)
but i've got a few early 70's 4001's and a couple of 70's precisions and they just do what i need them to do
some days i prefer the sound of the stingray but most of the time a PB will sit better in the mix (alternative rock)
i would keep it but in all honesty it has sat for most of it's life (since the early 80's) in the studio not being played

Edited by sniperschool

[quote name='sniperschool' post='1094910' date='Jan 19 2011, 11:00 AM']it's sounds great and is really effortless to play (i admit to being a guitarist so need all the help i can get)
but i've got a few early 70's 4001's and a couple of 70's precisions and they just do what i need them to do
some days i prefer the sound of the stingray but most of the time a PB will sit better in the mix (alternative rock)
i would keep it but in all honesty it has sat for most of it's life (since the early 80's) in the studio not being played[/quote]

MB1. :)
:) This is the second time in a week ive heard of somebody wanting to trade a Stingray for an early Precision?....Tubbs Get Undressed! :lol:
BUMP!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='sniperschool' post='1096620' date='Jan 20 2011, 06:02 PM']thanks to you!
now i have to find someone to help me realistically price a '62 PB a '69 PB fretless a Fretless Wal in Walnut and a Status S2 with wood sides!
then i can list them on here[/quote]
I'll take the Wal off your hands for a ton. :)