Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Bass Amp - **now Traded - Thanks**

dodgnofski

Hi Guys,

Up for trade 'initially' is my built in California acoustic 470 Twin Channel Bass Amp - 170 - 'proper' watts of 70's lovliness - (none of yer mamby pamby 21st Century watts - no offence intended - before I get lynched) :) !! & allegedly 'more'?? at the reputed 2ohms it can go down to????

I'm not very technically minded - to say the least - but I bow to anyones superior knowledge - if they can explain why this amp sounds louder than my mates 500w 'top draw' Class D amp?? - have 'they' redefined a watt during the past 35 years & I missed it during one of my frequent 'senior moments'??

Therefore, if anyone would like a trade for an amp that is only around 40cms wide - give me a shout??

Both channels work, but the distortion does not - no loss there then, There is the obligratory '1' graphic 'knob' missing, the 140Hz graphic doesn't seem to add a lot to the bottom end? & the middle graphic is quiet when low - which is where it sounds best anyway to me - being of the 'old school' - but there is some snap crackle & pop when pushed up?? There are a few marks/small tears in the tolex & it could probably do with a service at some point?? - apart from this, it has a fantastic tonal range which albeit to my 'old cloth ears' - few amps can match at any price & is so blinking loud!!

Thanks Guys,

Tim

Edited by dodgnofski

Thanks Karl,

I did try that - but my glass back couldn't take all the bending down - oo-er :lol: to reach the controls!!

With you on acoustic stuff - class act & then some :) !!

All the best,

Tim

[quote name='karlfer' post='1092123' date='Jan 17 2011, 07:54 AM']I'd just put the 2 cabs side by side bump :)

Wonderful stuff Acoustic.

Karl.[/quote]

Thanks Guys - awesome amps!!

On hold pending a trade - hopefully this week - will keep you posted.

All the best,

Tim

[quote name='bumnote' post='1093009' date='Jan 17 2011, 07:52 PM']I used to have a 450 which is the single channel version. One of the best amps I have ever owned

Still a great amp[/quote]