Why become a member? ×

I Was Made To Love Her

wal4string

[quote name='YouMa' post='1086977' date='Jan 12 2011, 05:55 PM']I think carols bass for the wrecking crew stuff she did was brilliant so was her beach boys stuff like good vibrations,i think its deffo jamerson on this.[/quote]

I read that she was in so much demand at this time she kept a diary which she still has, and apparently the diary clearly states that she played on the session, but yes it has Jamersons chromatic trade mark runs all over it.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1086984' date='Jan 12 2011, 06:02 PM']I read that she was in so much demand at this time she kept a diary which she still has, and apparently the diary clearly states that she played on the session, but yes it has Jamersons chromatic trade mark runs all over it.[/quote]
We've all read/heard about [i]Jamerson and Kaye, who played on what?[/i] I feel that It's possible that Kaye has been a little maligned in this debate.
In the session world it's not uncommon to have 2 or more musicians do a part.
I don't know the history of the track, but It is possible that Kaye did the "I was made to love her" session and then had her part replaced by Jamerson, or vice versa. Maybe the entire session was scrapped and started again with different musicians.
I have (once or twice) been called to replace an existing bass part. It's also quite probable that some of my parts have been replaced.
I've even been credited with sessions that I have absolutely no memory of. :)

Also back in the days - Demo sessions of possible 'Hit Songs' were very common,
Which CK did loads, sometime these sessions were note for note.
People in the past laid claim to tracks because of this.
I have read at various times, quotes from Musicians who were on the session - and said it was JJ.
But who knows....or cares.... it was still a great tune and Bass line.

Apart from note choices there is also a difference in sound between the two of them.
Mysteries of the Motown days......spooky!

Thanks for the chart - although i seem to have about 20 different charts for this toon. :)

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' post='1088982' date='Jan 14 2011, 09:45 AM']Also back in the days - Demo sessions of possible 'Hit Songs' were very common,
Which CK did loads, sometime these sessions were note for note.
People in the past laid claim to tracks because of this.
I have read at various times, quotes from Musicians who were on the session - and said it was JJ.
But who knows....or cares.... it was still a great tune and Bass line.

Apart from note choices there is also a difference in sound between the two of them.
Mysteries of the Motown days......spooky!

Thanks for the chart - although i seem to have about 20 different charts for this toon. :)

Garry[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean about different charts, and I bet very few if any are identical. I tend to mix and match aswell as put my own thoughts down.

I was watching an interview with John Paul Jones and the interviewer asked if any of the transcriptions of his lines he had seen are correct, he just laughed and said "No".