Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Larry Hartke says: The Hartke Kilo will be released at NAMM 2011

Dood

[quote]Larry Hartke
For those who like life a little more complex…something this way comes! The new Hartke Kilo 1000 watt bass amplifier will be released at the 2011 NAMM show. Loaded with power, flexibility, and deluxe features, the Kilo is sure to give all my friends on the bass forums and at the magazines something new to drool over. Score yourself a Kilo, share it with your friends and you’ll all end up with a habit![/quote]

[quote]Introducing the New Standard for Bass Amplification: The Kilo.
Hartke’s Kilo Bass Amplifier raises the standard for bass amplification. Not only does it pack more than enough power to drive any cabinet, it provides optimal tone control and a robust design for life on the road. Given its amazing feature set, the Kilo Premiere Bass Amplifier is the bass head that discerning players demand.

The Kilo Bass Amplifier delivers a true 1,000 watts of bridged mono power or 500 watts of power per side in either stereo or dual mono. These power distribution options make the Kilo compatible to any bass cabinet on the market. It also offers players Hartke’s renowned Shape Control and Bass Attack Overdrive, a 10-band EQ with bass/treble shelving and mid-peak controls, a variable compressor, as well as limiter, deep and brite switches, for complete control of every aspect of their tone.

By using its various panel inputs and outputs, players can augment the Kilo’s internal features for maximum versatility. Its XLR balanced direct output offers a ground lift switch, level control and a select switch to choose input, compressor, EQ or effects. The Kilo also includes a tuner output and footswitch jacks for pedal control over muting options, as well as Hartke’s Shape and Overdrive.

These features, along with its three rackspace chassis with milled aluminum faceplate and oversize handles, provide Hartke’s Kilo Bass Amplifier with a robust, full-range tone that will shake the foundation for discriminating players in every style.

True 2 x 500 watts of power, 1,000 watts bridged mono
10-band graphic EQ
Bass and Treble shelving, plus mid-peak EQ controls
World-famous Hartke Shape Control
Hartke Bass Attack Overdrive
Variable compressor
Limiter switch
Deep and brite switches
XLR balanced direct output with ground lift switch
Direct output with level control and select switch to choose input, compressor, EQ or effects
Front panel tuner output jack
Footswitch jack for optimal dual footswitch to control Shape and Overdrive
Footswitch jack for mute
Three rackspace chassis with milled aluminum faceplate and oversize handles[/quote]

A poster has suggested this is Billy Sheehan's new head now that he is a Hartke player, but I haven't seen anymore info' on that yet. More info' here: [url="http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1943&brandID=3"]http://www.samsontech.com/products/product...3&brandID=3[/url]

- Yes, I WILL be trying one - and it's very likely that I will upgrade from the LH1000 if it's the beast I expect it to be!

[quote name='dood' post='1075937' date='Jan 3 2011, 12:19 AM']A poster has suggested this is Billy Sheehan's new head now that he is a Hartke player, but I haven't seen anymore info' on that yet. More info' here: [url="http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1943&brandID=3"]http://www.samsontech.com/products/product...3&brandID=3[/url][/quote]
I had heard that Billy Sheehan dropped Ampeg because they are now made in China, and he wanted something built in the USA. Built in drive, low and bright switches? that's very Ampeg. 10 band Eq - that's 1 more than Ampeg innit? Very tempted by one of these, I love my LH1000, but miss the features of my Ampeg pre - maybe this bridges the gap. I tried to buy one of these when I bought my current head, but was told that they were out of stock - maybe that should have read "we haven't made any yet"...

watching this thread with (GAS) interest.

[quote name='dood' post='1075937' date='Jan 3 2011, 12:19 AM']

A poster has suggested this is Billy Sheehan's new head now that he is a Hartke player, but I haven't seen anymore info' on that yet. More info' here: [url="http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1943&brandID=3"][/quote]

Does anyone have a large pic of the kit behind Billy at the last Bass Day in manchester? He had a lot of Hartke stuff behind him?

It looks a beauty though.

Edited by daz

[quote name='paul_5' post='1075940' date='Jan 3 2011, 12:28 AM']I had heard that Billy Sheehan dropped Ampeg because they are now made in China, and he wanted something built in the USA.[/quote]

When I spoke to Billy recently, it wasn't so much [i]where[/i] Ampeg gear was made, it was more [i]how[/i] it's made. He certainly wasn't happy with the performance of newer Ampeg gear.

[quote name='dood' post='1076240' date='Jan 3 2011, 01:08 PM']When I spoke to Billy recently, it wasn't so much [i]where[/i] Ampeg gear was made, it was more [i]how[/i] it's made. He certainly wasn't happy with the performance of newer Ampeg gear.[/quote]

yep thats exactly what i heard him say on stage at the [i]bass day[/i]

[quote name='daz' post='1076674' date='Jan 3 2011, 07:31 PM']yep thats exactly what i heard him say on stage at the [i]bass day[/i][/quote]

Ahhh cool - I had to leave before he was on stage so missed the masterclass.

I agree with Chris. A parametric crossover is a must on all amps like this. Even the largest Trace Elliots have one though I think they fumbled the ball by making it fixed at 220Hz. That was a mistake. I use a crossover myself and I'd never have it set lower than at least 500Hz if I was adding fx.

In relation to the Kilo, they've had this announced for 3 years if I remember correctly. The product page hasn't been updated since it was announced then. I was planning on grabbing one myself, but then after a couple of emails to Hartke, I just got sick of waiting about for it to be released and got insane amounts of rack stuff instead.

From what I understand they re-designed it to make it lighter hence the gap between the LH series and this. On the other hand, does that really take 3 years? The sad thing is I really like Hartke stuff and I've went elsewhere now. I'd bet that the joke will be that after all that time to take the weight out of it, it'll probably still weigh 20kg!! :)

[quote name='dood' post='1076240' date='Jan 3 2011, 01:08 PM']When I spoke to Billy recently, it wasn't so much [i]where[/i] Ampeg gear was made, it was more [i]how[/i] it's made. He certainly wasn't happy with the performance of newer Ampeg gear.[/quote]

Dooood! You know how much i've always wanted to meet Billy! And you speak so casually! haha

Back when i were a "little" younger i started to take bass 1000% when i saw this

Billy sheehan playing a solo piece (The suspense is killing me, EPIC TUNE :) )

in 2006/2007, Note the Hartke rig as well as the Ampeg rig! (Anyone name the amp he used?)

And i believe he used Hartke on his latest solo album and on the New Mr Big album he defo did, in the "Undertow" Music video he has a Hartke rig behind him (not certain, but i'm pretty sure he has two Hydrive 410 cabs behind him)

Edit:

The suspence is killing me

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bG8hwZ9Bo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bG8hwZ9Bo[/url]

Link as my browser is being annoying and won't let me big-ify it for some reason,

Edited by AttitudeCastle