Why become a member? ×

Dotfunk at the Jazz Cafe - featuring Paul Turner

molan

My lovely thoughtful daughter bought me two tickets to see the wonderful DotFunk on Sat 15th Jan featuring Paul Turner on bass :)

Unfortunately she didn't check my diary and I have a gig that night :lol:

If anyone is thinking of going then let me know & maybe we can arrange something :)

Here's this year's Jazz Cafe listing:

[i]Fresh from their busy schedules with Jamiroquai, The Brand New Heavies and Incognito, this line up is ready to yet again bounce the house to its foundation. If you missed previous sell out shows then don’t miss this one.

Those who managed to squeeze in before will know to expect a groove laden set guaranteed to nod the head of those hip to the real deal.
The band includes some of the UK’s most experienced and funky musicians and vocalists whose personal CVs include many of the biggest names in music.

The rhythms will be hard n nasty, the horns tight n funky and the vocals soaring n soulful.

Dress code is minimal or come nude, it will be sweaty. Get your tickets soon to avoid missing out.

DOTFUNK are:

Dan Pearce vocals & perc
Michelle John vocals
Rob Harris guitar
Paul Turner bass
Derrick McKenzie drums
Matt Steele keys
The Hit Horns:
Dan Carpenter trumpet
Richard Beesley tenor sax
Simon Wilescroft alto sax
Dave Williamson trombone[/i]

[quote name='molan' post='1081022' date='Jan 7 2011, 01:26 PM']Nobody interested in a pair of tickets for this?

Yours for a tenner each :)

N.B. I'll post these in the proper for sale thread, just thought I'd leave this here as a reminder to people that the gig is on next weekend![/quote]

Why not put the money towards the Nearly dan gig on the next night? :)