Why become a member? ×

exciting times

chilievans

Due to the fantastic weather that we've been having I thought that I'd have to wait till after Christmas for my shuker jazz. I've just got off the phone to my local delivery depo and even though they won't be delivering it too me they said I could collect it. As soon as work is over I'll be on my way to collect my new baby. Can't wait

Edited by chilievans

[quote name='chilievans' post='1067592' date='Dec 23 2010, 11:06 AM']Due to the fantastic weather that we've been having I thought that I'd have to wait till after Christmas for my shuker jazz. I've just got off the phone to my local delivery depo and even though they won't be delivering it too me they said I could collect it. As soon as work is over I'll be on my way to collect my new baby. Can't wait[/quote]

Good news. Remember to bring it up to temperature slowly before opening the case!

[quote name='chilievans' post='1067707' date='Dec 23 2010, 12:41 PM']Why do I need to bring it up to room temp before opening?[/quote]

It'll probably be alright long term if you open it up straight away but the sudden change in temperature and moisture levels might play havoc with the tuning and neck relief for a few hours as the strings and truss rod get up to room temperature.

Don't be tempted to make any setup changes until it's settled down a bit!

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='1067718' date='Dec 23 2010, 12:53 PM']It'll probably be alright long term if you open it up straight away but the sudden change in temperature and moisture levels might play havoc with the tuning and neck relief for a few hours as the strings and truss rod get up to room temperature.

Don't be tempted to make any setup changes until it's settled down a bit![/quote]

I'll put the heaters on in the car on the way home that should warm it up nicely

Well I finally got my hands my new toy on friday and here she is (I'm not much of a photographer)

[attachment=67121:P1000148.JPG]
[attachment=67120:P1000137.JPG]
[attachment=67119:P1000141.JPG]

I just cant get over how easy this bass is to play.
My other bass is an Ibanez sr500 which is nice to play buit this is just superb. Its in a completely different class.
I love it

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='1069862' date='Dec 26 2010, 11:06 PM']Is this a custom order or is this the one i saw at bass day?? :)[/quote]
It'll be the one you saw at bass day
I got it for £850 with a case
Awesome deal I thought
I played it for 4.5 hours straight yesterday and it's an amazing instrument

[quote name='chilievans' post='1069627' date='Dec 26 2010, 03:40 PM']Well I finally got my hands my new toy on friday and here she is (I'm not much of a photographer)

[attachment=67121:P1000148.JPG]
[attachment=67120:P1000137.JPG]
[attachment=67119:P1000141.JPG]

I just cant get over how easy this bass is to play.
My other bass is an Ibanez sr500 which is nice to play buit this is just superb. Its in a completely different class.
I love it[/quote]

I know (I can see... more like) that the pickups are Duncans, do you know exactly which models are they?

Bass loks a good'n, supercongrats!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1070071' date='Dec 27 2010, 01:00 PM']I know (I can see... more like) that the pickups are Duncans, do you know exactly which models are they?

Bass loks a good'n, supercongrats![/quote]
they are Duncan STK J1 pickups. Fantastic sounding pickups with a lovely slap to them

[quote name='chilievans' post='1070084' date='Dec 27 2010, 01:12 PM']they are Duncan STK J1 pickups. Fantastic sounding pickups with a lovely slap to them[/quote]

Oh yes!! I had a pair of them in the moo-moo jazz I've just sold on ebay. They have, in my opinion the best vintage accurate sound of any other aftermarket jazz pickups, and I've tried the lot, from Bartoloni's to Lollar and anything in between. That Seymour Duncan sure is a clever so and so.

The STK J1's comes with 4 conductor wires meaning that you could have each of them wired in either seires or parallel, of course to do that you would need either mini toggle switches or a stealth solution would be to have push-pull volume knobs to switch between series and parallel. When you have both pickups in series the sound is VERY powerful and kickass! :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1070093' date='Dec 27 2010, 01:22 PM']The STK J1's comes with 4 conductor wires meaning that you could have each of them wired in either seires or parallel, of course to do that you would need either mini toggle switches or a stealth solution would be to have push-pull volume knobs to switch between series and parallel. When you have both pickups in series the sound is VERY powerful and kickass! :)[/quote]
Not realy sure what your talking about there bud :)
I'd like to know more. Sounds interesting