Why become a member? ×

Tecamp Cab.... And.....

LukeFRC

Hellooooo

As some of you will have seen I have been trying to sell my amp, a wonderful hughes and kettner head.
In the process I ended up up grading my head to a Tecamp M210, 600w 4ohm thing. It sounds great (and very different to the old techsoundsystems 2x12 I had, less middy).

So in the new year I was thinking of sticking the H&K back in the sales section (cue groans, not again) and as I got such a good deal on the cab will pass on that bargain to whoever wants my head. So that money, plus a little from birthday last week means I should be able to go any buy a amp, well secondhand, off here!

So was looking around at different amps and trying to see what there is.... what do I want?
Power...enough at 4ohms not to be silly...
size and wieght... smaller than the h&k... ideally under 10kg and small, or if bigger then light. (does that make sense?) or just lightweight. I live 3 floors up and have no car!
i like a bit of control over my eq, but then dont have that now. my current amp is very full fat warm and valvey... it doesn't have to be, but i do play fingerstyle. so something with amazing slap tone not so interesting. I like something bassy.

but what this thread is me really asking.... is what do people think (or better, know) will go with my cab?
(obviously I am bound a bit by what is a affordable or secondly people are selling)

So far tried out aguliar AG500 (top end of size) sounded amazing
and a TC classic 450 head... awful with my cab. or just not nice to my ears.

Edited by LukeFRC

• 1 month later...

There are quite a few guys on here using Techamp cabs with Markbass amps. I'm in my 5th year with this combination, sounds great.
Don't let the colour put you off, there are too many Pro users out there into them to be a fad, and they're passionate about them not just in it for the cheque.