Why become a member? ×

5 string peavey grind bass

bluesman

just bought my first 5 string....a peavey grind....any views anybody?? not sure if ive done right thing....love the playability...neck ect.....but always been squier/fender man.....think i was swayed for something a little diffrent....would like any views of any grind players.....thanx bob.

[quote name='bluesman' post='1064837' date='Dec 20 2010, 05:43 PM']just bought my first 5 string....a peavey grind....any views anybody?? not sure if ive done right thing....love the playability...neck ect.....but always been squier/fender man.....think i was swayed for something a little diffrent....would like any views of any grind players.....thanx bob.[/quote]
I've only played one for a few minutes in one of the music rooms in Uni but they seem like great basses for the price. Peavey basses usually are a safe bet.

I have a Grind 6... in a studio shoot out a few months ago between that and 5 other basses, including a precision, the Grind was the one chosen to go on the track.

It does sound different to a Precision or Jazz, but I think it gives a good alternative for people who would go for the "muso" tone, without actually sounding too much like the muso tone, which is not really to my taste.

Jennifer

[quote name='tauzero' post='1066984' date='Dec 22 2010, 05:17 PM']Like Jennifer, I have a 6-string Grind. I had a play of assorted 5-string basses at PMT and found the Grind 5 was the most playable. I would like it active for preference so I might put an Artec preamp into it at some point.[/quote]

I have some EMG 40CS pickups fitted into my 6-string Grind - the upgrade was definitely worthwhile.

Jennifer

[quote name='bluesman' post='1070221' date='Dec 27 2010, 04:05 PM']i decided the 5 string grind wasnt me....so got my squier jazz back....its more me think im stuck in a time warp lol but many thanx too the folks who replied....[/quote]

great bass for the cash, i would have one anyday, and use it as a 1st bass.