Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40

setekh

[quote name='razze06' post='1057591' date='Dec 13 2010, 06:10 PM']It looks original from the pic, and in good condition.
The price looks very good, I'd buy it if I was local, and I already have one of them![/quote]
I've got a thing against natural finishes, or I'd have snatched it up myself. It's only about a 20 minute train ride away.

Hope someone here ends up having a new toy.

Edited by setekh

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1057632' date='Dec 13 2010, 06:35 PM']Personally I played one of these, bloody heavy but a savage tone. They play really nice too.[/quote]
That's my experience - I got one in a trade, lovely neck, loads of tonal variety, and beautifully made. From wood-effect lead, presumably!

£285 is a very good price for one of these - shame there aren't more/better pics though.

Jon.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1057630' date='Dec 13 2010, 06:34 PM']Paging Flat Eric.[/quote]

I'm here, I'm here but as usual, too late! :)

If that was tidy throughout and it looked it, that is a steal.

Jon, we should have bought it between us - got some good shots and "Flipped it"
as you so eloquently put it. :)

T-40, with a case (not original but still a good case) at that price, somebody
out there must be a very happy bunny.

The Natural ones just don't seem to reach the higher values, at the moment - sounds
and feels the same. Hey Ho.

Cheers. :lol:

Anyone looking for a Sunburst Forty, I am putting one up for sale. Sit tight.

Er - didn't see this thread last night, but I'm the lucky guy. Picking it up tomorrow. I'm told it's really clean and was looked after by a session man so fingers crossed.

I had a T60 and sold it about 20 years ago - regretted it ever since.

BTW - would have preferred that red one that went yesterday. Damn, that was tasty!

[quote name='Lo.' post='1061082' date='Dec 16 2010, 10:26 PM']Well I'm now the proud owner of a very tidy 79 T-40. I love its mad variety of tone and its weight.

Thinking of spraying it red to make it heavier.....[/quote]

Welcome aboard to the "Forty" club.

Stick some pics up. I have a '79, just like yours, Nice! :)

Cheers. :)

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='1061096' date='Dec 16 2010, 10:43 PM']Stick some clips on YouTube :)[/quote]

Here's one for ya...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2VJ9_Sf9z0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2VJ9_Sf9z0[/url]

This is with all controls on 10, flat EQ on the preamp. Heavily hand-muted line though, so not the best to hear the tone in full.

What a great bass. Grain on this is not pretty though - needs a red respray...