Why become a member? ×

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Simon

I can read music but im not that fast,why have you stopped doing the tab,i think your site would get a lot more hits if you continued doing tab as well as notation,nice website though,its just for more complicated bass lines the actual playing technique takes up loads of time so it would be easier to have tab rather than to sit down and have to work through notation,cheers.

[quote name='YouMa' post='1052808' date='Dec 9 2010, 02:33 PM']I can read music but im not that fast,why have you stopped doing the tab,i think your site would get a lot more hits if you continued doing tab as well as notation,nice website though,its just for more complicated bass lines the actual playing technique takes up loads of time so it would be easier to have tab rather than to sit down and have to work through notation,cheers.[/quote]

I fully understand what you are saying, and agree - I would get a lot more hits. I will be trying to get TAB versions up of everything as soon as I can. It just takes a lot more time to do.

Really nice version, Simon. I'm going to have a crack at this now; it's one of my favourite songs ever and definitely one of my "funeral songs".

Just for a comparison to show how darn good this is, here's Jamerson's bass track isolated...

Edited by Sean

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='1057393' date='Dec 13 2010, 03:12 PM']Sibelius :)[/quote]

Been looking at Finale 2011 and Sibelius 6. What are the pros and cons... sorry for derailing the thread a little, you reckon I should start a new one.... in fact, I shall...

Great job!

Shameless link to my version - learnt by ear and stitched the bits of best of a few takes together over the backing track without the original bass on it.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zo1JyEA6Q"]ANMHE[/url]

Long live the king.