Why become a member? ×

GB Spitfire Four

phsycoandy

I've had her a week or so now and thought u would like to enjoy my new lover.
American Dark Walnut Burr top
American Walnut Body
Maple Insert
Highly figured maple neck
Searate Highly figured maple fretboard
GB Full electronics & Pups.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='119694' date='Jan 13 2008, 06:58 PM']So... the question is... does it live up to you expectations? I hope so!

These beasts are a class above others aren't they?[/quote]
She certainly does, had two Gospel outings with her so far and first new secular band praccy on the 23rd. As suggested she has a slap sound to die for (yes some Gospel music has a bit of slap)! I just cant get over the bell like clarity, havent really had time at home to crank it up and check out all the permitations available, but the early signs are superb.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='119701' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:10 PM']She certainly does, had two Gospel outings with her so far and first new secular band praccy on the 23rd. As suggested she has a slap sound to die for (yes some Gospel music has a bit of slap)! I just cant get over the bell like clarity, havent really had time at home to crank it up and check out all the permitations available, but the early signs are superb.[/quote]

Yup - they certainly are monsterous thing. Scarily good. How does it compare to the Lakland then? Had many people comment on her yet?

shes 9.5lbs so not light but not over heavy, its all that soaked in goodness![quote name='martthebass' post='119795' date='Jan 13 2008, 09:42 PM']I don't have sufficient vocabulary to describe how beautiful that is. What's the weight like?[/quote]

well there such a numpty lot at Church, mind u a mate whos a carpenter said wow thats a nice piece of walnut! Hell! this has just cost me XXXXX.[quote name='EBS_freak' post='119730' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:44 PM']Yup - they certainly are monsterous thing. Scarily good. How does it compare to the Lakland then? Had many people comment on her yet?[/quote]

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='119808' date='Jan 13 2008, 10:01 PM']well there such a numpty lot at Church, mind u a mate whos a carpenter said wow thats a nice piece of walnut! Hell! this has just cost me XXXXX.[/quote]

Just seen you are getting an Epifani... it's still costing!

Yep i looked about for a one cab solution to give the MB11 its full head at 500w into 4ohms, had to be light and this one kept coming up, 750w light, small. I couldnt see an EBS to fit the bill with those criteria and that I could afford, lets hope i made the right decision.[quote name='EBS_freak' post='122695' date='Jan 18 2008, 10:06 AM']Just seen you are getting an Epifani... it's still costing![/quote]

Youve had that pbass GB for some time havent you? I guess hes had the maple tucked away somewhere, cool to see your take on it with the split pup, there is still one of the three left I believe with some Jazz pups.[quote name='bass_ferret' post='122758' date='Jan 18 2008, 11:42 AM']GB's love EBS so its probably gonna cost more. Your neck was made using the same bit of wood as mine and it is all gone now.[/quote]

Edited by phsycoandy

• 7 months later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='285510' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:11 AM']Hey Andy, thought you may like to see this one too... bit older than yours, but not one hundred million miles away![/quote]

PS sorry about the large file sizes but thought you would want to see them up big and personal.