Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ head and 1615 cab

ObscureRyan

I am advertising this on behalf of a friend. If i had the money i would definitely have taken it of his hands.

Pro touring rig, all valve 600w through 4ohm output.
Head has two inputs for active/passive, or for two switchable channels.
Input gain has pull switches for normal/bright and tone controls have pull deep and mid shift options.
Footswitchable graphic equaliser on front panel.
Rear panel - Fx loop, xlr out, 4,8 + 16 ohm outputs, switchable cooling fan speed (very helpful when recording).

Cab has 15, 10 and 6in speakers, plus switchable tweeter and locking wheels.
Cab is in a fairly road worn condition but in full working order and sounds amazing, fills any size room with deep, clear tone.
Head comes in flight case.
[b]£950[/b] for the full rig. Due to size of item, amp cannot be posted and you are welcome to view and test the amp before buying.

Hi mate,

Has that head being modified, because those usually produce 300W continuous power and (not sure) around 450W peak? I've never heard of a 400+ capable of doing 600W...

Cheers,
Steff.

edit: Also the outputs on these are usually 4, 8 and 2ohm, not 16ohm.

Edited by Steff

[quote name='ped' post='1043132' date='Nov 30 2010, 11:16 PM']I had the same setup a few years ago, IIRC my cab was two 8ohm inputs. The head was definitely 300W (12x25w?)

ped[/quote]

The 1516 cab has two 8ohm inputs if you run it bi-amped and one 4ohm input if you run it full range.

In fact you are right, you can plug two 16ohm cabs in the two 8ohm outputs of the amp... Although I haven't seen a 16ohm bass cabinet. And you can't use a single 16ohm with that amp. Well you can, but it's not recommended.
Sorry for the off-topic, but I think that might help the potential buyer. And it's a free bump :).

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be potentially interested in the 1615 on the account of it being an EV loaded one. PM me with details. I need another 1615, but only if its an EV one. Also, the 1615 I have is a single 4ohm output on mines... but it has been an age since I have so much as looked at it, so might be wrong :)

[quote name='TheButler' post='1058305' date='Dec 14 2010, 10:48 AM']I'd be potentially interested in the 1615 on the account of it being an EV loaded one. PM me with details. I need another 1615, but only if its an EV one. Also, the 1615 I have is a single 4ohm output on mines... but it has been an age since I have so much as looked at it, so might be wrong :)[/quote]

Well I might be interested in the 400+ (but not the cab) so maybe there's a deal to be done here?

[quote name='coasterbass' post='1058679' date='Dec 14 2010, 04:10 PM']Well I might be interested in the 400+ (but not the cab) so maybe there's a deal to be done here?[/quote]

Indeed. Albeit, s'aright heavy blighter, so i'd need to get my wheels out, therefore need to clear several consequential issues with SWMBO. Still, would be interested. :)