Why become a member? ×

The Bass Merchant

BassBunny

Hi All,
Have been trying to get hold of Mike at The Bass Merchant for a while to check on progress of the Cabs he is building for me. They were supposed to be ready before Xmas.
Have sent 3 e-mails that have not had a reply and tried to phone a couple of times and keep getting the answering machine.
Anyone able to shed any light on the situation down there?
Cheers,
Stuart

[quote name='BassBunny' post='117779' date='Jan 10 2008, 01:02 PM']Hi All,
Have been trying to get hold of Mike at The Bass Merchant for a while to check on progress of the Cabs he is building for me. They were supposed to be ready before Xmas.
Have sent 3 e-mails that have not had a reply and tried to phone a couple of times and keep getting the answering machine.
Anyone able to shed any light on the situation down there?
Cheers,
Stuart[/quote]

He may very well be in the states at the mo....

I have only dealt with the Bass Merchant once...and I had pretty much the same experience. No chance of a reply via email, and a pain to get hold of by phone.

Wasn't there someone called Jeff/Geoff who worked with Mike and who posted at this forum? I seem to remember getting a pm from him about my problem...but that might have been on the old bassworld site.

paul.

[quote name='paul h' post='117787' date='Jan 10 2008, 01:08 PM']I have only dealt with the Bass Merchant once...and I had pretty much the same experience. No chance of a reply via email, and a pain to get hold of by phone.

Wasn't there someone called Jeff/Geoff who worked with Mike and who posted at this forum? I seem to remember getting a pm from him about my problem...but that might have been on the old bassworld site.

paul.[/quote]

GBH

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='117793' date='Jan 10 2008, 01:12 PM']GBH[/quote]
Cheers McD. I thought you were volunteering to "go round with the boys" at first. Will try GBH.

Thanks all for your views however:
a) If there is someone looking after the shop, I would expect a call in reponse to the messages I left. Even to say they haven't a clue about the cabs and Mike is away.
:) I started e-mailing just before Xmas, (not up to a call as I was laid up with this sh*t of a cold that is flying round), so Mike wouldn't have been at NAMM then.

Cheers,
Stuart

I bought my amp off him. Quality guy, was good on the email responses and phone answering, although I may have had his mobile number. He had a personal issue which meant that the item was posted a bit late but he rang up and explained and appolagised after. He's a good guy so im sure there will be a good reason and he just been a bit disorganised. Keep phoning and they will come!

[quote name='BassBunny' post='117844' date='Jan 10 2008, 02:01 PM']Cheers McD. I thought you were volunteering to "go round with the boys" at first. Will try GBH.[/quote] :)

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='118205' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:11 PM']To be honest, he is my "go to" guy for stuff, so hope ll is OK...[/quote]
me too.

A Result. Mike phoned this morning. Not overly impressed with his "assistants" who have been looking after business whilst he was unwell. 21 phone messages to deal with and he has changed ISP so new e-mail address is [email protected]
So hopefully cabs will be on their way next week. Will post a review as soon as I have them in my hot sweaty mitts.
Thanks for all your help guys.