Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Fender USA Precision in Candy Apple Red * SOLD *

Lysdexia

Hi guys - looking to sell for £675 inc delivery and case or, preferred, a trade for a Fender USA Jazz. Or A CIJ one as long as it has block inlays.

If a USA Fender, then I'd prefer the Jazz to have S1 as well but that's not essential. Or, as ever, I'm open to suggestions.

Let the haggling commence :)

Yep - it's a beauty, plays superbly and is in excellent condition. I'm always happy to travel a wee bitty for those who would rather collect.

Edited by Lysdexia

And I dunno how else to do this, because I'm happy to do a discount if someone wants both, but I'm also hoping to shift this magnificent Ashdown ABM 300 combo.

On it's own I was looking for £350 as it is in superb nick and functions perfectly, but if someone wants to buy them together I'll knock £100 off the combined price.

So, combined at £925, but this would really have to be a collection and as before I don't mind travelling a reasonable distance to help.

[quote name='fraff' post='1029699' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:54 PM']Can I ask if you have a day job at [url="http://www.venturephotography.com/uk/gallery/"]Venture[/url]? Looks to me like you might sneaked that P in between family photo sessions! :) Good luck with it - looks stunning.[/quote]

I've got a really expensive studio an lighting rig that would shame Venture!

All these hi-key, white background shots are done using the following pro equipment.

1. Snooker table and hanging, overhead light.

2. White bed sheet.

3.... :)

That's it.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1031079' date='Nov 21 2010, 12:44 AM']Hate to be the Pedant, but I think this is 'Chrome Red', A little lighter than Candy Apple Red.

Still need to get my hands on it...and a gold guard.[/quote]

No problem, but the pedantier pedant in me acknowledges colour perception changes with both luminosity and light temperature.

It is 100% Candy Apple Red.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature"]I had to learn this sh*t during my studies to be a photographer.[/url]

Additional discount megapow discount offer if the bass and amp are bought as a pair. And collected - can't deliver at this price.

I'll sell both for [b]£875![/b]

Effectively pricing the amp at a rabidly low £200.

Which I am now selling at £275 individually (collected) as it's got to go.

Cheers!

[quote name='throwoff' post='1031529' date='Nov 21 2010, 04:30 PM']I think everyone is holding off making offers till we see the bass in the hands of a scantily clad lady.[/quote]

I've had plenty of offers - one of which I'm trying to test drive before commiting :)

[quote name='Flea jnr.' post='1031941' date='Nov 21 2010, 09:35 PM']No denying that is a lovely looking bass, but I want to know how you got those photos :) They make it look immaculate![/quote]

Well, firstly I'm a photographer, that's my job. And the bass is in excellent condition - my goal is to make sure it's seen at it's very best.

1. Clean the guitar as best I can - bloody obvious!
2. Plain, clear background so as the subject is not distracted from. In this instance a simple white bedsheet did the job.
3. Lots of light! For this, I put the sheet on a snooker table and used the overhead lights we all know so well. And of course the plain white sheet is very reflective for light so that helps fill the immediate, ambient space.
4. A pro-quality, fast lens. I used a fast f/2.8 24-70mm on this and that helps provide the lovely, shallow depth of focus. Nice blurry bits contrasting with the sharp focus areas if the tech stuff is not helpful.
5. A grey-card to try as best I can to make sure the white balance/colour is accurate and consistent.
6. Manfrotto tripod and Manfrotto geared head with the camera on a timing delay so I'm not even touching it for guaranteed sharp focus.

That's pretty much it and, for me at least, a labour of love. And thanks for the compliments as it's good to hear what I'm trying to do is working.

Cheers!

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1031698' date='Nov 21 2010, 07:01 PM']2005 USA Standards were Chrome Red...

My 2005/2006 Frontline confirms...

This is beautiful, need a few bits to go, will see what state my accounts are in.[/quote]

Candy Apple or Chrome - it's a gorgeous finish :)

i was told it was Candy Apple and it does have that subtle, metallic sparkle in the finish I'd expect to see in that so I never questioned it. So you could be right and it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. Thanks either way.

Edited by Lysdexia