Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my gretsch bass

Michaelg

hello basschat

i own a gretsch broadkaster bass guitar. its a semi acoustic bass guitar and i absolutely love it. its a unique bass i think, i've certainly never seen anything quite like it or played on anything quite like it. it has a short scale fretboard however the body is large - so its technically disproportionate. it has a pick up selector (which is so satisfying to click) along with pickup volume controls for its humbuckers. it also has a floating bridge - correcting the internation on it is SO good. the other 2 knobs control low end and high end respectively. the neck pickup is pretty much a double bass sound and the bridge pickup is quite a nasally rickenbacker sound. i rarely use the bridge pick up. both pickups give a richer tone, a 60s sort of sound. its a quiet bass. i get the feeling it was designed for bluesy music. i'm buying a t rex squeezer compression pedal soon so its going to absolutely sing!

the only other bass i can remotely compare it too is a hofner club bass 500/2.

i also have an ampeg svt 450 with its 4x10 cabinet. i tried it through lots of different amps and after a solid 3 hour search (i went through oranges, trace elliots, mark basses, marshalls etc) i found the ampeg and was probably one of the most satisfying bass amps i've ever played through.

if you have any questions about it ask away!

im not very good at pictures so heres my one and the one below it is a google image

[attachment=64070:gretsch.JPG]