Why become a member? ×

Aria SWB-1 Lite for sale (Mark 1 piezo pickup version)

Clarky

I bought this recently from Beedster but have decided to go with a posher, acoustic EUB (an Eminence). Its in pretty good condition overall (the only minor niggle is the removable side bout can work its way loose but I imagine its an easy fix, I've just been too lazy to do so) and I have upgraded it with the addition of super-nice, low tension Presto nylonwound (synthetic gut) strings - these cost £100-odd new (http://presto-strings.com/doublebass.html). Comes with decent gig-bag.

I am after £500. Please note there is another Aria EUB for sale on the forum (from mykesbass) but that is the newer SWB Lite model with the extra magnetic pickup, hence that bass' higher price.

Finally, this is currently on loan to another BCer (who wanted to try out an EUB) but I should get it back in time for the BassBash (27th) and I can bring it along to that for handover if it suits a prospective buyer.

Looks just like this:
[attachment=64066:swb_liteone_95.jpg]

And here is the Aria specs page: [url="http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products/pro_eb_swb_liteone.html"]http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products...wb_liteone.html[/url]

Edited by Clarky

This was the instrument that got me into playing Double Bass, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to do the same. It's quite 'discrete' physically, so I was able to smuggle it into our rehearsal room, and whip it out for a track I'd rehearsed a great DB-like part to, to be faced by a bunch of guys who'd normally never have considered an upright in the band saying 'wow, we didn't see that coming'. We haven't looked back since and I haven't really picked up either of my Precisions in 4 months! I've owned four EUBs, and they fall into three categories; the Stagg and the Dean were nothing like a double bass to play or to hear, and to my ear sounded like a fairly cheap fretless (I don't mean to offend anyone who owns one, just my opinion, sound is as much the player as the instrument let's face it), my current EUB, a Yamaha SLB-100 is a monster, both to lift and and to play, so in that respect, it's like a DB and I love it for that reason (and they're almost £3000 new as well). However, part of the point of an EUB I guess is that it's easy to move, and in this respect, the Yamaha fails and the Aria represent the best balance of good tone, DB feel and transportability overall. Whilst it's the older model without the magnetic neck PUP, most of the guys I know who've played both say that there is little difference between the two sound-wise (which is why I bought it in the first place and why I never upgraded it), and furthermore, the neck PUP, being magnetic, will only work with certain strings anyway. At £500, this instrument is a quality portable DB-alike (slings over your shoulder like a fishing rod), a great upgrade from a Stagg or Dean, or a quality first step into DB.

And it goes without saying that Clarky is an absolute gent to deal with, although let's face it, most of you know that already :)

Cheers

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1027652' date='Nov 18 2010, 09:46 AM']And it goes without saying that Clarky is an absolute gent to deal with, although let's face it, most of you know that already :)[/quote]

Of course you've harly bought or sold anything on BC have you Chris?! Case of Pot, kettle? :)

Seriously though, I agree that the Aria is the best EUB to get unless you want to splash some serious cash, and this one is priced to sell!!!

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='1027753' date='Nov 18 2010, 11:20 AM']Of course you've harly bought or sold anything on BC have you Chris?! Case of Pot, kettle? :)

Seriously though, I agree that the Aria is the best EUB to get unless you want to splash some serious cash, and this one is priced to sell!!![/quote]

My status as BC Master Pot allows me to describe any kettle in any colour I wish!

And yes, that bass is priced to sell, it sold within about a minute when I listed it at the same price.

damn, if you'd put this up a few weeks ago when i was looking for my first DB, i would've had it off you in a second. unfortunately (mostly for you :) ) a guy nearby was selling an acoustic, so i've now got a nice big monster to shlep around. good luck with the sale though, hope it finds a good home.

Hi, very interested in the bass. I want to buy it.
First option would be to exchange it for a Fender Presicion American deluxe usa year 99' in mint condition plus a hard case. This is about £1300 new. If you would like to have it, we could exchange and only for £200 difference is yours.
The other option is I give you £470 but with both set of strings..
I live in London, near paddington station. Tell me if would be possible to meet up and do business. Thanks.
Nacho Sagues.

[quote name='nachosagues' post='1027991' date='Nov 18 2010, 02:57 PM']Hi, very interested in the bass. I want to buy it.
First option would be to exchange it for a Fender Presicion American deluxe usa year 99' in mint condition plus a hard case. This is about £1300 new. If you would like to have it, we could exchange and only for £200 difference is yours.
The other option is I give you £470 but with both set of strings..
I live in London, near paddington station. Tell me if would be possible to meet up and do business. Thanks.
Nacho Sagues.[/quote]
PM'd

Monday bump

Deal for BCers I have previously dealt with - the Aria with Presto strings installed plus an old spare set of Thomastik strings (the silks are a bit chewed but this would be good as a backup set in case of breakages in a gig) and postage within Uk £500 all-in, or £480 collected.

As I mentioned in OP, I will get the bass back next weekend so could hand over at BassBash or post the following week.

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='1035502' date='Nov 24 2010, 07:36 PM']Dunno about you Clarky but I can't move for all the tumbleweed around here :)

Have a bump!![/quote]

Whoooooooooooooooossssshhhhhhhh

I get the EUB back on Saturday and I think evilBay awaits after that :)