Why become a member? ×

***Hot Water***

wal4string

At last got the upload to work.

No popping here, just gaffer taped thumbing. Except of course for the Intro/Outro.

Different versions of this song, but its all here you might just have to juggle the bars to play along to your recording.

Note: I will find it interesting to see how many downloads this receives compared to the Kid Charlemagne I posted.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1022982' date='Nov 13 2010, 10:49 PM']At last got the upload to work.

No popping here, just gaffer taped thumbing. Except of course for the Intro/Outro.

Different versions of this song, but its all here you might just have to juggle the bars to play along to your recording.

Note: I will find it interesting to see how many downloads this receives compared to the Kid Charlemagne I posted.[/quote]
Quick question... what music writing software are you using? If it's Sibelius how do you get the cross note heads for deadened note...? I've searched high and low!
Cheers
Jake
Ps really nicely done transcriptions, I really liked the Dan one :)

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1024501' date='Nov 15 2010, 12:12 PM']Quick question... what music writing software are you using? If it's Sibelius how do you get the cross note heads for deadened note...? I've searched high and low!
Cheers
Jake
Ps really nicely done transcriptions, I really liked the Dan one :)[/quote]

This is how i do it, there may be a quicker way with shortcuts but i've never looked as this is quick enough for me :lol:

Edit: Drop dow menu :)

Edited by J.R.Bass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1024501' date='Nov 15 2010, 12:12 PM']If it's Sibelius how do you get the cross note heads for deadened note...? I've searched high and low![/quote]

The shortcut for dead notes is shift + alt + 1 (this works on a mac, I assume it should be the same on a PC). Changing the number gives different note heads.

Tom

Thanks guys for the answers. I have learnt something new, I would just have gone to View/Properties.

Just checked on a PC it's Shift/Alt+P.

I have also started creating what I call an invaluable practice tool.

I am sure I am not the first to do this kind of thing.

Basically it's a file which plays the backing track/song while turning the pages of music automatically on my laptop. It's a shame the files are so large otherwise I would gladly share on Basschact.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1024824' date='Nov 15 2010, 04:31 PM']I have also started creating what I call an invaluable practice tool.

I am sure I am not the first to do this kind of thing.

Basically it's a file which plays the backing track/song while turning the pages of music automatically on my laptop. It's a shame the files are so large otherwise I would gladly share on Basschact.[/quote]

I had a similar idea for an iPad - would work great sitting on your music stand. Never got round to do anything about it.. and I haven't got an iPad either! (And to be honest, I'd rather be playing than coding when I'm at home!)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1024900' date='Nov 15 2010, 05:33 PM']I had a similar idea for an iPad - would work great sitting on your music stand. Never got round to do anything about it.. and I haven't got an iPad either! (And to be honest, I'd rather be playing than coding when I'm at home!)[/quote]

No coding involved, just Sound Forge for the Audio, Photoshop for the images and Camtasia to produce the short movie to creat a web page with Flash playback controls. Maybe takes half an hour tops.

Edited by wal4string