Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Line 6 Lowdown 300 combo & Zoom 708II Bass FX/Drum machine

Beedster

EDIT:

Not really after cash as much as needing to find some space so I'd take trades on these. At present I'm after an acoustic bass or an old style Precision (51 or 53) copy. Anything you've consoidered though :)
Cheers
Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very recent acqisition from Neil B on here but superceded by an Xmas pressie :huh:

Line 6 Lowdown 300 Pro. Powerful combo witth some good modelling into 1 x 15 and horn. 300W I believe. Portable and gig-able.

RRP £479, to you £200 ;)

Loads of info and reviews online but here's the blurb from Line 6

LowDown™ LD300 Pro delivers five carefully crafted amp models that can take you from vintage punch to modern grind. You also get a critical set of effects that no bass player should be without.

Once you create your own custom sound, you can save it into a preset using the channel memories on the front panel and instantly recall it anytime.

FEATURES:

5 Incredible Bass Amp Models: Clean, R&B, Rock, Brit, and Grind

5 Essential Bass Effects: Synth, Compressor, Envelope Filter, Octaver, and Chorus

Deep Switch With Special Tone Shaping for Supreme Fatness

XLR Direct Out With Line 6’s exclusive A.I.R.™ processing
4 Programmable Channel Memories, 36 with FBV Shortboard™

Headphone Out

Jam Along CD/MP3 1/8” Input

Built-in Chromatic Tuner
Footswitch Jack for FBV Express™ or FBV Shortboard™
15” Speaker w/horn
300 Watts
Dimensions: 89lbs, 18"L x 22"W x 30"H
AMP MODELS:

Clean
Inspired by* the Eden Traveler, this model is all about clean, funk and fusion bass tone. It’ll give you all the warm lows and punchy highs you need

R&B
Inspired by* a 1968 B-15 Flip Top, this model is a tribute to those late 60’s and early 70’s clean fat bass tones. It is the kind of tone you hear on most Motown recordings, as played by a pioneering young James Jamerson.

Rock
This model is inspired by* the ’74 Ampeg® SVT®. This workhorse has appeared on innumerable recordings and arena stages worldwide. And now all the tone of the 300-pound behemoth 8X10 and head is available in your combo!

Brit
Based on a ’68 Marshall® Super Bass, this model delivers the kind of overdriven bass sound brought to us by late ‘60’s British rock pioneers like Cream and The Who.

Grind
As the name would suggest, this is for modern rock lovers, Alice in Chains to Mudvayne and Rage Against The Machine. Based on* a distorted SansAmp PSA-1 into an SVT® in addition to a direct clean bass signal mixed in, this model gives you that angry, clear and punchy aggression that takes your sound to DEFCON 1.

But that’s not all…

Synth
Sitting at the back of the model knob is this secret weapon that turns LowDown into a ’70s classic bass synth. From funk to modern rock, this synth model delivers incredible tones and tracks every dynamic move you make with ease!

EFFECTS MODELS:

Envelope filter
Based on* a Q-Tron, this is the baddest envelope filter on the planet. This effect can be heard on tons of major funk and rock tunes.

Octaver
Based on* the EBS® OctaBass®, this effect produces a single note one octave below the pitch of the played note, adding a powerful new vibe to your sound.

Chorus
Based on* the much loved T.C. Electronic® Chorus. This is the most transparent, smooth and expressive chorus for bass ever built. Using it does not reduce your low end and it’s especially beautiful on fretless bass.

Amazing Tone On Stage and In The Studio!
The XLR Direct Output was designed for recording or sending your sound to a house sound system when you’re playing live. This output utilizes our exclusive A.I.R. processing which has made Line 6 products like POD® the undisputed standard for direct recording. Whether you’re playing a gig in a club or rushing off to a recording session, this POD based direct out will give you huge, mic’d amp tone everywhere you go!

[attachment=4636:AUT_7954.JPG][attachment=4635:AUT_7952.JPG]

Zoom 708II FX processor and drum machine. Great little unit, I've been using it mostly for the chorus on my fretless but it does shedloads of other stuff. Superceded by the same Xmas pressie that leads to the sale of the Lowdown above. Boxed with manual.

Here's the blurb....

Zoom has combined a versatile live effects bass guitar processor with an easy-to-use drum machine, SmartMedia riff sampler and 69 new effects in the 708II.

The 708II's onboard drum machine includes 60 preset rhythm patterns featuring high-quality PCM sounds. The internal sampler lets players record sounds for learning riffs and phrases. Playback speed can be reduced with or without affecting pitch and storage is available via a SmartMedia card.

The system also has 69 Zoom bass guitar effects (9 simultaneously) including EQ, reverbs, delays, modulation effects and more. The 708II also features 33 amp modeling programs that emulate some of the world's most revered bass amps and cabinets.

Designed for performance, the system features analog edit knobs for easy adjustment of effect parameters in real time. They can also be used as "Instant Edit" in Play mode for Distortion, Modulation and Reverb programs.

A large LED display clearly shows all critical information on dark stages and other low light situations. The 708II's built-in expression pedal controls volume, wah and other effect parameters. Simple up/down footswitch operation allows easy access to patches and sampling functions.

Other features include 120 patch memory locations (60 user and 60 preset). For convenience, the unit can be powered by four AA batteries or an optional AC adaptor.

[attachment=4637:AUT_7962.JPG]

RRP £150

To you, £45 posted ;)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='117198' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:31 PM']I'm guessing it's not gonna be easy to post the amp at all? I was planning to get one a while back but it was that or my 6-string...[/quote]

Well you'd have to hope that at least the Royal Mail wouldn't lose it :)
Depending on location, I couold probably sort delivery or meet half way with this
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='117208' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:38 PM']Well you'd have to hope that at least the Royal Mail wouldn't lose it :)
Depending on location, I couold probably sort delivery or meet half way with this
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

Poor Chris, the miles he has done for this amp!!!

Keep well mate.

Neil

[quote name='neilb' post='117228' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:48 PM']Poor Chris, the miles he has done for this amp!!!

Keep well mate.

Neil[/quote]

LOL, one of the most stressful days of my life mate (and after my +20 phone calls, probably one of the most stressful of yours also :huh: ). Story of my life though, poor planning. About two days later I accepted a new job and am having to move into a rented place for six months or so. I originally bought the Lowdown as a practice amp to keep at the place we rehearse down here, all of which has kind of fallen through now. Shame, 'cos it's bloody lovely (that rare combination of power, quality sound and portability), but there's no point having an amp in a rehearsal room 150 miles away is there :)
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Bassassin' post='117645' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:38 AM']Any idea what it would cost to get it up to sunny Edinburgh?

Jon.[/quote]

Previous experience suggests in the region of £30-40 with Parcelforce, although other couriers might be cheaper (and offer better insurance, and not lose it, or break it :) )
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='117672' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:16 AM']Previous experience suggests in the region of £30-40 with Parcelforce, although other couriers might be cheaper (and offer better insurance, and not lose it, or break it :) )
Chris[/quote]

Still sounds like a bargain to me. Consider me very interested. :huh:

Only problem is, I'm living on a single tin of beans & tapwater until next week when I'll get paid - if you've still got it then, I'll 'ave it, I think.

J.

[quote name='Beedster' post='117632' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:22 AM']About two days later I accepted a new job and am having to move into a rented place for six months or so.[/quote]
So you're having to move away from Canterbury then, Chris? Too bad.

If anyone in Suffolk or Essex is interested in this stuff or Chris's cabs, I can pick it up for you. I'm expecting to be in Canterbury next week for the funeral of an old friend. Let me know via PM.

awrabest,

Pete

[quote name='pete.young' post='117692' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:48 AM']So you're having to move away from Canterbury then, Chris? Too bad.

If anyone in Suffolk or Essex is interested in this stuff or Chris's cabs, I can pick it up for you. I'm expecting to be in Canterbury next week for the funeral of an old friend. Let me know via PM.

awrabest,

Pete[/quote]

Hi Pete
Many thanks, that's a very kind offer. I'm sorry to hear you're coming to Canterbury for such a sad reason. You'd of course be more than welcome at Beedster Towers for a cup of tea if you have time during your visit.
By the way, I found the missing bit of the straplock from the Bass Collection if you still need it?
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Bassassin' post='117687' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:43 AM']Still sounds like a bargain to me. Consider me very interested. :)

Only problem is, I'm living on a single tin of beans & tapwater until next week when I'll get paid - if you've still got it then, I'll 'ave it, I think.

J.[/quote]

Eeeh, luxury, when I were a lad we'd have to live off a single baked bean shared between me and my whole family for four weeks. And that were when things were good....

Sorry, couldn't resist a Pythonesque response :huh:
If I still have it then, it will indeed be yours
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='118645' date='Jan 11 2008, 04:17 PM']Lots of interest but no firm offers on the Lowdown. I'd be happy to hold from now until 18th Jan for a definite sale :)
Chris[/quote]
I should have some money in the bank by then (hope so - I'm down to my last 12 beans ;) ) so I should be able to take it off your hands - unless someone else beats me to it. :huh:

J.

[quote name='theosd' post='118739' date='Jan 11 2008, 05:38 PM']If I come collect that cab from you on tuesday I may well have that zoom pedal too, for the kicks! How's about £40 collected?[/quote]

Hey Theo, the cab is tentatively promised elsewhere, but if he can't collect in time it'll be all yours, I'll get back to you ASAP
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Bassassin' post='118938' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:35 AM']I should have some money in the bank by then (hope so - I'm down to my last 12 beans :huh: ) so I should be able to take it off your hands - unless someone else beats me to it. :)

J.[/quote]

Hello mate
You have a PM
Chris

Where are you moving to then chris? nice place you were living, my trip down brought back a few memories. I may be up for the zoom at the end of the month if it's still around, depending on my ongoing Dolphin restoration.

steve

[quote name='steve-norris' post='119198' date='Jan 12 2008, 05:23 PM']Where are you moving to then chris? nice place you were living, my trip down brought back a few memories. I may be up for the zoom at the end of the month if it's still around, depending on my ongoing Dolphin restoration.

steve[/quote]

Hi Steve
Yes, the old Beedster Towers was my fave place to date, shame to be moving on really. Heading to Bucks for 6 months then London in the Summer and for the foreseable future. Exciting times, although moving house does make you realise how many cabs and combos (and basses) one has acquired!
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='119099' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:57 PM']Hey Theo, the cab is tentatively promised elsewhere, but if he can't collect in time it'll be all yours, I'll get back to you ASAP
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

Ok, please do =] After this Tuesday I'll only be in canterbury on fridays, able to collect either before 9am or after 3pm; thought it'd be best to say.

[quote name='theosd' post='119592' date='Jan 13 2008, 05:04 PM']Ok, please do =] After this Tuesday I'll only be in canterbury on fridays, able to collect either before 9am or after 3pm; thought it'd be best to say.[/quote]

PM'd Theo
Chris

On the bay folks

[url="http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R10&satitle=&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=CT1+2PD&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=chrisbd2005&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2"]http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...p=32%26fsoo%3D2[/url]

Would also consider trade/PX for acoustic bass........?

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='120098' date='Jan 14 2008, 02:11 PM']I think you put the cost of the cab to post as being £7, I guess that was a mistake, you might want to change it ASAP![/quote]

That's what happens when you're trying to move house, get rid of bass stuff and buy a new car all in your lunch hour!
Cheers mate, now revised
Chris