Why become a member? ×

Pregnant...Not again but Expecting I am

Oldman

Guy's this is a Feeler, so no prices or snaps, yet, soon though. Hope you dont mind.

I have three basses that I would like to sell that I no longer use, the Acoustic has been gigged twice only, the upright has never been gigged the Spector 5iver has been gigged maybe 10 times. All are in 10-10 condition and all have hard cases as follows:

Washburn AB-20 Acoustic 4 String in a lovely dark Green marbly effect.
[s]Dean Pace upright 5 in Black strung with roundwounds.
Spector Euro 5 LX in a lovely Zebra stripe translucent blacky/grey finish[/s].

They will be for sale only at this moment in time I dont want to offend but I want to purchase another Overwater Progress and releasing this cash to be consumed again is the best way for me to do it. I'm sure you understand.

PM me for more details if you want I will post snaps today or tomorrow and price them according to interest or none as the case may be. Thanks for looking.

Update: Photo's and prices:

Washburn £200.00
[s]Spector £850.00 o.n.o.
Dean Upright Pace £350.00 o.n.o.[/s] Check out the spec's on the infoweb

All with good strong original unmarked cases.

I can arrange a courier at not a lot of money at your expense

Thanks

Edited by Rich

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1008056' date='Nov 1 2010, 02:22 AM']Black hardware on an LX is unusual. What year is it?[/quote]

could be a euro rebop upgraded with active pu's...? these basses look almost identical.

Edited by Bassdude BE

Just looked at your thread Mr Kiwi...................Your bass is Pretty, I like the natural look, I preferred the darker side. I dont do the geeky, inside the outside of your backside must have the serial number date of birth of the hardware bit, I just do bass...............you likee......... you negotiate.....you buyee. You dont you dont. Thanks for looking.

I have just re-read my rather aggressive reply, it was meant to be lighthearted, did'nt come out like that, sorry guys shot myself in the foot there, I will check out the details when I get back in UK Friday and post them here. I originally tried to buy a Black Euro 5 LX from Sound Control in Dundee in 2007 the sales guy would'nt take my deposit as he said they could'nt deliver the goods (would'nt) they folded soon after. I negotiated direct with the distributors (Dallas Arbiter) and ordered it from them in this colour, so I guess that makes it a Custom job ! Anyway sorry again for being so forthright :)

[quote name='Oldman' post='1017211' date='Nov 9 2010, 10:38 AM']Back in the UK will look at the pre amp in the Spector. I am open to offers guys.....[/quote]

Probably a TonePump i guess...?
It could've been replaced (or custom ordered..?) with an EMG pre-amp though! :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

Right opened up the Back, your right it's a Tone Pump, Serial number of the bass is N87984 description "B ST-EU5LX-BKS" and I bought it 11/07/08. I am open to offers or perhaps a straight trade for a Fretless Warwick Thumb NT 4. As with the Dean Pace and the Washburn open to offers, sensible offers. You know what like. Thanks again for lookin'

[quote name='Oldman' post='1018085' date='Nov 9 2010, 08:34 PM']Right opened up the Back, your right it's a Tone Pump[/quote]

I've got a Euro 5LX and the Tone Pump circuit is very under-rated. Contrary to popular belief, the Tone Pump is not a boost only circuit - oddly even Spector themselves used to describe it as boost only but the guy from the Czeck republic that actually designed the thing corrected them. If anyone's concerned about buying one of these you have no worries - it's a great bass, easy to play and has bucket loads of tone. I also own a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 and I would describe the Spector as being of comparable quality - maybe even deeper and fuller sounding than the warwick but without the hi-tech extras (adjustable nut, 2-piece bridge, mid-band eq). If you're looking for a high quality, 5-string bass then this would make an excellent purchase.

Thank you Mr darkandrew, I find he bass as good as my Thumb with rounds on, its got that attack and depth with 35". It sounds thumpy with tha AER and the Roland sub with just the right amount of "Zing". But then I am old fashioned. Thanks again guys

[quote name='Oldman' post='1012137' date='Nov 4 2010, 02:55 PM']I ordered this configuration as I am partial to black, black and well more black. You now what they say "Once you've had black theres no goin back".[/quote]
Have you seen the Spector USA Forte series? Black stained body (no laquer), Black stained neck, black hardware, no fretboard markers - now that's what I call black! Still, even without the gold plated hardware, laquered finish, markers and other assorted bling they're still considerably more expensive than the Euro series.

Cant say I have, I lusted after this and it has served it's purpose in the transition from fretted 4, 34" to fretless 5, 35" by way of the Spector fretted 35", sounds convoluted I know, but it worked for me (ish). I could be partial to a straight trade for a Warwick NT Fretless Thumb 4 or, prefarably a 5. But a TRB fretless NT 5 would do the trick as well, any colour even.

Well well well look what I found,

[url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/spector-euro5lx-bass-guitar-black-stain-gloss--80043"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/spector-euro5...in-gloss--80043[/url],

just an illustration as to what a bargain you have in my Spector