Why become a member? ×

Mansons Guitar Show

wrinkleygit

Visited the show this morning,met MM on the zon stand & was blown away by him & his playing,watched him later in the performance room & the words speechless, stunned, inspired spring to mind,first on my christmas list are an ebow & a boss gt3,if you are in exeter tommorow don't miss him (he is on at 3.00) also the very nice people on the d'addario stand are giving 25% off strings, can't speak highly enough of their level of customer service. £10 entry fee seems a lot but string savings,free marshall bag & the chance to meet MM soon made it worth while, mike b.

I also saw MM playing at the guitar show today. I enjoyed it and was impressed by someone who is clearly a master of their instrument. To be honest though I wasn't inspired to try to emulate him - his playing is so far removed from what I do - but it did make me want to go away and learn how to play this thing better!

Unfortunately I was only able to be at the show for an hour before having to rush off to pick up children (my own I should add) - the compromises of family life!

I was there today too and it's a great show. Not a bad amount of bass stuff, especially amps - Hartke, Ampeg, Markbass, TC Electronic, Orange and really not that loud amazingly. Stuart Clayton has a Bassline Publishing stand with some great discounts on books too.

Manring was amazing today and both he and Joe Zon are such nice people too. Zander Zon was also there doing the piccolo bass thing later in the day but only caught a little bit as it coincided with JPJ's appearance on the Mansons stand.

I'm sure tomorrow will be equally great.

Cheers
Alun

Well, I missed Michael Manring as he was on at 11.40am not 3.00pm. Caught Jan Akkerman of Focus doing some good acoustic solo stuff, and the Chris George Band who are the Marshall in house trio who did a rocking medley, and incorporated the most interesting drum solo I have seen to date!

Bought a 20' lead for 5£ and t-shirt from the Mansons stand. My son got a Marshall phone sock, a t-shirt and some stickers. We both checked out some great kit, with him getting his hands on the Mansons Matt Bellamy MB-1 guitar, whilst I tried out the Mansons JPJ signature bass which was fantastic. There were some bargains if you wanted with great discounts on many basses for just the day, including a MM Stingray 2eq in black with a maple neck for £999 new!

I was impressed with the TC Electronics amps and speakers and could easily see myself with the head at least, especially the one signed by JPJ who used it on saturday for his performance (no wonder I sounded so good!). The Warwick I used was suprisingly good. The Flea bass felt great (yours for £299 that day only) but was let down by the Hughes & Ketner amp after giving the TC stuff a good go. More great amps at the Orange, Mark Bass & Trace Elliot stands, and plenty of gorgeous basses about.

£10 is ok considering what is on offer and the amount of performances lined up. Worth at least half of anyones day. You get to see more than you would in any one shop, although the hall isn't the best place to try the kit out.

Same time same place next year.

[quote name='wrinkleygit' post='999397' date='Oct 24 2010, 09:17 PM']Sorry if anyone missed MM, but I have just checked the weekend running order list they handed out on sat & it does show MM on sunday at 3.00, 11.40 shows chris george band , mike b.[/quote]

Well, my copy of the running order has MM on at 11.40 for both days and CGB at 4.30 saturday & 3.00 Sunday. Loks like there was a bit swapping around somewhere. It looks like the boys from the CGB got up late on Sunday after a heavy session on Saturday night?

I couldn't make Sunday morning so would of missed MM anyway. I saw him at the Mansons stand later though!

I went on Sat and had a good time - got to see MM play twice, and meet him and Joe Zon. Both very pleasant and happy to talk for a few mins. Also got a chance to look at the MarkBass stuff that seems so popular these days and a have a chat with their reps. And met Alun Vaughan for the second time!