Why become a member? ×

Bravewood '56 P-Bass relic - SOLD & SENT!!

kevin_lindsay

Well, I never thought I'd sell this one on, but circumstances have forced me to do so. Boo hoo.

So, here's my beloved '56 P-Bass relic made for me by John Elliot at Bravewood

Alder body with maple neck
Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickup with added "earth wire" to ground the chrome pickup cover.
The bass is strung with DR 45's and the intonation is great all across the board.

The instrument really plays wonderfully and it's a wrench to let it go, but my girlfriends apartment needs some work done, so I'm offloading some guitars to pay for the upgrades.

Price is £950 posted in the UK. John charges £1,499 plus postage for these.

Here goes with some pics:

Edited by kevin_lindsay

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='996916' date='Oct 22 2010, 12:07 PM']Sold to Oli - pending payment!

Thanks for all the interest guys - you are a class bunch of bassists![/quote]

Cheers Kevin! I learnt from missing out on your Nordy's previously, not sure whether to laugh or cry at current - exciting all the same!

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='996949' date='Oct 22 2010, 12:40 PM']Bass paid for, and deliver arranged. bass will be uplifted from myself in a short while and will be with Oli on Monday.

Hope you have fun with the bass mate, it really is a great instrument.[/quote]

Wonderfully quick and easy transaction, its just hit me that its pretty much a Fender Custom Shop at a wicked price with the best Tele finish so i'm feeling much better about it. I'll let you know when it arrives and leave some feedback :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='996921' date='Oct 22 2010, 12:10 PM']Cheers Kevin! I learnt from missing out on your Nordy's previously, not sure whether to laugh or cry at current - exciting all the same![/quote]

Nice one mate, if it helps think of this bass as an investment and not a purchase, you know you'll always make your money back on it if you decide to move it on